Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-07-21, 02:23)scythe000 Wrote: [ -> ]First off, thank you!
I'm trying to get PSX games to run on my Fire TV 4k. I've got all my directories set, Retroarch set, BIOS in the right folder, but when i launch a game, nothing happens. How do I bring up the rightclick context menu with a gamepad or my firestick controller?
 Without a log, I cant say much more than the FAQ.  My suggestion is to try to get a game working in Retroarch standalone and then work from there.

I think context menu is brought up on FireTV with a long press of the menu button.  If you can get the context menu working, you can check the Game List Settings, and ensure the command looks like it's trying to launch a game with the core you want.
(2018-07-24, 16:50)Jbev01 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the addon seems great from what I’ve had a go at so far.

Is there a way to have pictures of the games show up in the background of the skin?

I’m using Aeon Nox Silvio at the moment and couldn’t find games as background option or even where to paint it to

Thanks
Yeah, I would think that would be skin dependent.  The addon does not have any local repository or anything for images, it's scraping from online sources.  I'm not sure if skins can somehow gather image info from video addons or not.
(2018-07-24, 19:34)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]If I start a game with IAGL, I get ~7-8 FPS. The same game runs with ~46-48 FPS if it is started with a ROM on a local SD-card.
http://ix.io/1ih2 (Genesis Plus GX)

This is reproducable with other EMUs, too
 Hmm.  I can't reproduce this.  Plays normal for me.  Is the problem the same if you change the location to a folder on the same local SD-card?
(2018-07-24, 22:14)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]No, this has nothing to do with a slow SD-card, because the ROM is downloaded before the emulator starts and this affects all cores. Even after stopping the emulation Kodi (or FPS) is slower and microstuttering.
 I have noticed that Kodi sometimes stutters and/or 'thinks' for a longer period of time than it had in the past.  It's not reproducible all of the time though, and I can confirm it goes away depending on the version being tested, so whatever the stuttering is seems to be internal to Kodi
After some testing I think I have spotted the cause:
If "Game Info page" is enabled in the IAGL-settings, I get a massive stuttering on every game I tried. If I set "Download and launch" in IAGL, the same games are running normal, like started from Local-SD via RetroPlayer.
The stuttering from "Game InfoPage" continues after stopping the EMU and IAGL. I haven't tested it with "Download".

Again: It has nothing to do with a slow SD-Card, because it happens on every game, even on NES games with 64-200kB. This should be loaded even on the slowest SD-Card in under 1s.

RPi3+, Milhouse 2307, IAGL from repo

Edit:
found this error in the above log:
don't know, if it is related to the bug above. I just wanted to mention it
Code:
19:28:47.395 T:1103151984 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'get'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/lib/main.py", line 3221, in onClick self.action_download_and_launch()
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/lib/main.py", line 3266, in action_download_and_launch launch_success = IAGL_LAUNCH.launch() #Launch Game
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/lib/main.py", line 2909, in launch self.IAGL.add_game_to_history(self.json,self.game_list_id,self.game_id)
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.program.iagl/resources/lib/main.py", line 1516, in add_game_to_history current_history_routes = [x.get('values').get('label2') for x in history_dict]
AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'get'
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:28:47.395 T:1103151984 DEBUG: IAGL: InfoDialog Action ID 7
19:28:47.469 T:1938726928 DEBUG: CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iagl/temp_iagl/Mickey Mania - The Timeless Adventures of Mickey Mouse (USA).md)
(2018-07-26, 07:58)Solo0815 Wrote: [ -> ]After some testing I think I have spotted the cause:
If "Game Info page" is enabled in the IAGL-settings, I get a massive stuttering on every game I tried. If I set "Download and launch" in IAGL, the same games are running normal, like started from Local-SD via RetroPlayer.
The stuttering from "Game InfoPage" continues after stopping the EMU and IAGL. I haven't tested it with "Download".

Again: It has nothing to do with a slow SD-Card, because it happens on every game, even on NES games with 64-200kB. This should be loaded even on the slowest SD-Card in under 1s.

RPi3+, Milhouse 2307, IAGL from repo

Edit:
found this error in the above log:
don't know, if it is related to the bug above. I just wanted to mention it
Thanks, I've fixed the mentioned bug in game history.  My only other thought is there's a RAM limitation being hit with the 'Game InfoPage'.  I've added some cleanup to remove it from memory when it's closed and a game is started.  I'm guessing Kodi does this anyway, but I've added it just to be sure.
2.0.1 is available.  Changes include:
Added back in a more better search and random play section, search and random play can be setup and linked to via favorites so you can customize
Various bug fixes
Added a few new game lists for some standalone libretro cores (Cannonball and REminiscence)
Hi,

trying to launch ZX spectrum games there is still the same problem as in IARL. The Fuse emulator is not listed for opening .zip files. What should I do to correct this?

Tomi
(2018-07-29, 09:14)tomismrkolj Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

trying to launch ZX spectrum games there is still the same problem as in IARL. The Fuse emulator is not listed for opening .zip files. What should I do to correct this?

Tomi
Thanks, I've updated the default action after downloading zx spectrum to unzip.  In the meantime you can:
Go to IAGL settings>Advanced Settings>Enable Editing Post DL Command
Go into IAGL>Highlight ZX Spectrum>Context Menu>Select Update Post DL Command>Choose Unzip Game
With Nintendo suing all these rom downloading websites whats the chances that Internet Archive wont be targeted next??
I haven't heard of the suing up to this point.

Regarding archive.org, see here.  As far as I understand it, archive.org operate the same exact way youtube does, in that they comply with DMCA requests.
(2018-08-13, 20:25)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]With Nintendo suing all these rom downloading websites whats the chances that Internet Archive wont be targeted next??

Did you read the EULA? We don't host ROMs, so we have no responsibility (or ability) to unpublish them. If Nintendo contacts us, we politely forward their request to IA. I also believe IA is allowed to host these roms, and if that's not the case Nintendo needs to discuss this with IA's lawyers.

Failing that, we fall back on fair use; We clearly offer an archive of vintage content with historical and cultural value, which is a valid defense.
When you say "we" I assume your talking about Kodi servers, which i understand the roms arent hosted there. I was referring to Archive.org. Why would it be ok for them and not other sites? Anyways, just hoping nothing happens like that. I love IAGL .
(2018-08-15, 16:07)jdig4240 Wrote: [ -> ]Why would it be ok for them and not other sites?

Fair use.

IA pulls some weight. They wrote the 2003 exemption that congress passed saying it was OK to circumvent copyright measures taken by vintage software. I trust they know what their lawyers are doing.