Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2020-01-13, 16:08)szron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-12, 18:06)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-01-10, 23:55)szron Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, the add-on doesn't start on my pc and i don't know why, i'm using windows 10 64 bit, any solution for this?

God, I hate unicode. I've squashed this stupid bug too many times to count. Is this a new installation of IAGL? If not, I recommend uninstalling (and removing the userdata when asked) and reinstalling. There was an old issue that caused this that I think should no longer exist. 

Hi, the first installation of kodi on this machine version 18.5 and the first installation of the add-on, uninstallation does not help.

OK, thanks for the report. I'll look into it.
Amazing addon Zach, thank you very much!

I recently had some connectivity issues and discovered that the addon doesn't seem to keep track of the roms that are being held available locally in the cache. So it has to check the online file everytime to see if it's already available.
A feature that gets rid of this constant re-checking would allow offline usage.
(2020-01-16, 01:34)widardd Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing addon Zach, thank you very much!

I recently had some connectivity issues and discovered that the addon doesn't seem to keep track of the roms that are being held available locally in the cache. So it has to check the online file everytime to see if it's already available.
A feature that gets rid of this constant re-checking would allow offline usage.

I think i understand what your saying, but I just tried the following and it worked:
With internet connection, selected a game, which was downloaded and then launched
Closed the game, quit Kodi, turned off my internet connection, restarted Kodi
Selected the same game and launched. The game started just fine from cache. My debug log shows:
xml:

DEBUG: IAGL: The file xxx was found to already exist locally.
DEBUG: IAGL: File was found to exist locally, no overwrite option selected
DEBUG: IAGL: Skipping download of file xxx, file already exists
DEBUG: IAGL: Game Launched: xxx
You are completely right, I checked my cache directory and it contained only half of my favourites, I must have tested only the ones not existing. Sorry!
(2020-01-16, 03:42)widardd Wrote: [ -> ]You are completely right, I checked my cache directory and it contained only half of my favourites, I must have tested only the ones not existing. Sorry!

If you do want your games to be all available offline, consider changing the download location so they're never purged. See the FAQ here. IAGL isnt' that smart. It just looks to see if the file requested exists in the correct local drive location. If it does, then it will launch that by default. You could in theory download an entire archive locally and just point the appropriate game list to that location, so the addon sees every game available locally.
Hi all.

I configured a new bluetooth controller on my NVidia Shield. It's a Saitake 7007f, paired in X input mode.

It works without a problem for navigating in the Androit TV interface, but it does not seem to do anything in IAGL.

How can I tell IAGL to use it for my second player?
First of all, thanks for your work! This is really awesome!

This may be a stupid question, but I really love the way the frontend looks in the screenshots, with the wall/gallery of consoles or games, but I'm having trouble finding anything that would allow for that in the settings. Am I missing something?
(2020-02-09, 10:20)Cc0919 Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, thanks for your work! This is really awesome!

This may be a stupid question, but I really love the way the frontend looks in the screenshots, with the wall/gallery of consoles or games, but I'm having trouble finding anything that would allow for that in the settings. Am I missing something?

The games category doesn't have many options in most skins. I've made IAGL show up in both the video addons category and the games addon category (FAQ info here). If you open it up in the video addons category, you'll be able to use all the views available for your skin of choice for videos (which is most viewtypes).
Relived my childhood with my limited software knowledge, thanks to your existence zachmorris.
(2019-12-25, 20:08)ködi-zömbie Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, is the setup wizard compatible with the EmuElec standalone addon for CoreElec ? Or maybe with the Sx09RE standalone addon ? I didn't find a solution to set it up correctly
Edit: Merry Christmas to all Smile
EDIT2:
Made a lil hack in\storage\.kodi\addons\plugin.program.iagl\resources\bin\sx05re.start
changed:
#RETROARCH_EXE="/usr/bin/retroarch"
#RETROARCH_CORE_DIR="/tmp/cores"

to:
RETROARCH_EXE="/storage/.kodi/addons/script.emuelec.Amlogic-ng.launcher/bin/retroarch"
RETROARCH_CORE_DIR="/storage/.kodi/addons/script.emuelec.Amlogic-ng.launcher/lib/libretro"

now if I run the wizard for external launcher for SX05RE, IAGL is running the roms
...hehe
Only problem is if I close RA, Kodi won't start up automatically

Hi.  I tried to modify that file by following your steps, and I can't get iagl to start the game with emuelec.  I have version 3.2 of emuelec.  I have configured the external launcher in iagl as libreElec sx05re, but it doesn't work for me.  Do you have to configure something else in the iagl or emuelec settings?  I await your response, greetings.
I have managed to load the roms through retroarch.  In the external launcher option I have set the type of emuelec addon to the sx05re system type and the destination folder.  The problem I have now is that I get an error that the remote is not configured.  I configured it for the emulationstation interface, but not for retroarch.  How can i fix this?
I'm trying to use the various views available in my skin, Aeon Nox Silvo.  I have set the addon to provide video, and I set the content type to movies.  I get an option on the sidebar to change to a few views other than list & icon but selecting other views makes no difference because I still get either a list or Icon view.  I have noticed that not all views available on my skin show up as options when I try to change views this way and I'm wondering if I can define the views available for my skin somewhere in IAGL, or if there is a cache somewhere I should clear.  I tried to force viewtypes as well but the views available under that option don't match my skin views either.  Thanks.
(2020-02-21, 17:35)Jachin99 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to use the various views available in my skin, Aeon Nox Silvo.  I have set the addon to provide video, and I set the content type to movies.  I get an option on the sidebar to change to a few views other than list & icon but selecting other views makes no difference because I still get either a list or Icon view.  I have noticed that not all views available on my skin show up as options when I try to change views this way and I'm wondering if I can define the views available for my skin somewhere in IAGL, or if there is a cache somewhere I should clear.  I tried to force viewtypes as well but the views available under that option don't match my skin views either.  Thanks.

It's all about where you enter the addon. If you go to Video Addons>IAGL then you will be able to see the viewtypes for video. If you go to Game Addons>IAGL, then you'll only see the few viewtypes the skin has for games.
(2020-02-21, 18:14)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-02-21, 17:35)Jachin99 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying to use the various views available in my skin, Aeon Nox Silvo.  I have set the addon to provide video, and I set the content type to movies.  I get an option on the sidebar to change to a few views other than list & icon but selecting other views makes no difference because I still get either a list or Icon view.  I have noticed that not all views available on my skin show up as options when I try to change views this way and I'm wondering if I can define the views available for my skin somewhere in IAGL, or if there is a cache somewhere I should clear.  I tried to force viewtypes as well but the views available under that option don't match my skin views either.  Thanks.

It's all about where you enter the addon. If you go to Video Addons>IAGL then you will be able to see the viewtypes for video. If you go to Game Addons>IAGL, then you'll only see the few viewtypes the skin has for games. 
Great!!! Thanks.
Alright, a few more questions...

1. I would like to add a Games menu directly on my kodi homescreen that leads directly to IAGL and its content, and I know I can use the Activate window(This window) command or similar to bring up a given menu.  What would the window name be for IAGL itself, and how are the menus named for each subsequent list.  What would the window name be fore IA Best of SNES for example?

2.  How difficult was it to design your addon to provide video as well as games?  Was it a matter of just setting a few properties in the addon metadata tags or similar.  Can other addons be easily edited to provide video?  Thanks.