Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2021-08-10, 02:22)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-05, 13:11)drrak Wrote: [ -> ]Translator:
Why is the controller not working in PCSX ReARMed? Tried setting up every kind of PS controller and nothing. I tried the Beetle PSX emulator and the controller worked, but this emulator is poorly optimized.

Please help.

PS. I don't use RetroArch.

RPi4, LibreELEC 9.97.1, Kodi 19.1, IAGL 3.0.3

The controller setup is totally independant of the IAGL addon. You can setup each controller type by going to Kodi Settings>Input>Configure attached controllers

If that doesn't fix the issue, there could very likely be a bug in the controller setup in Kodi or the controller addon. If you can get a debug log when pressing the button and it not responding, I can try and open an issue in the right place (which isn't in this addon)

I tested this a bit, and i can recreate this issue for both the L1 trigger and Left Stick Directions. Seems to be a bug in Kodi that I'll open an issue on.
(2021-05-16, 22:27)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: [ -> ]Had things working great in V18, but in V19 I'm running into a few things that may have broken/changed.
- I have the 'Enable Stop Media Before Launch' disabled in the advanced settings, but Live TV and Video media are still being stopped when launching games:
  <setting id="iagl_enable_stop_media_before_launch" default="true">0</setting>
Log: https://pastebin.com/raw/1QajUgY3
- There's a 'Waiting for Game to Exit' dialog box that now pops up in Kodi when launching a game, which I'd prefer to disable so I can continue browsing Kodi while the game is running (PIP style).
I can hit cancel a bunch to dismiss it, but is there a setting to disable this?

I updated the advanced settings for 3.0.4 to hopefully address this. There are 3 settings:
  • Suspend Kodi Input and Audio before External Launch - typically a user wants this enabled. Depending on the OS, sometimes input is still captured in Kodi if it's in the background
  • Stop Kodi playing media before External Launch - same as above, typically a user wants this enabled so they're not listening to a movie or music when playing a game
  • Wait for return to Kodi after External Launch - same as above, typically a user wants this enabled. Kodi will be in a sort of suspended state while waiting for the externally launched game to exit

In your case, it sounds like you want to disable all of these (playing on a second monitor while also listening to music or movie in Kodi)
(2021-08-12, 06:23)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]I tested this a bit, and i can recreate this issue for both the L1 trigger and Left Stick Directions. Seems to be a bug in Kodi that I'll open an issue on.

Translator:
It's more of an emulator problem. The configuration of the controllers is not perfect, but it can be done. You can repeat what failed to configure, or edit the file manually. Besides, on PCSX ReARMed the controller doesn't work at all. Not only the L1 or the analog stick.
(2021-08-10, 02:18)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-04, 09:11)binarychoice Wrote: [ -> ]I am attaching a log where I try to launch a few games:

https://paste.kodi.tv/dopitusewi.kodi

Please let me know if the log is lacking anything. Never posted logs before.

Thanks!

(2021-08-03, 22:09)binarychoice Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, guys!

I was wondering if any Kodi 19.1 users on Nvidia Shield Pro v2019 have problems getting the IAGL game emulator addon to work with RetroArch. I tried dozens of time from scratch but I always get an error in Kodi when launching any game on any emulated console. I think I am following the guides to the letter:

1. Install IAGL (V3.0.3) in Kodi from the Zach Morris repo and RetroArch/RetroArch Plus on Nvidia Shield (tried both regular and Plus, no difference)
2. Update everything imaginable with Online Downloader in RetroArch, save settings to config (all cores are downloaded from the get-go before first launch, but go through all separately to make sure all are already installed)
3. Place an unpacked bios pack in the default System/BIOS directory (tried with different BIOS packs, several different directory locations, different directory format, etc.)
4. Run the IAGL wizard, point to the RetroArch config, allow for IAGL to select default emulators.
5. Launch IAGL, try to run any game on Amiga, PS, MS-DOS, Gamecube, GameBoy, all platforms, but not a single game / game list works.

I didn’t add here smaller steps like buttons config in RetroArch or selecting “android” during the IAGL wizard or logging on archive.org in IAGL.

I always get an error that the game failed to launch. Kodi doesn’t show any extra logs when I check, even with minimum log level 0 set. I looked at list settings in IAGL, too, but it looks OK / cannot ascertain there’s a problem there.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks for the log. I see an error in there:
xml:

Error type 3
Error: Activity class {com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture} does not exist.

Which makes it seem like the command being sent is incorrect. My guess would be that there's an issue between which version of Retroarch Android your using. Take a look here, specifically on that first bullet mentioning how to determine which version you're using.

/rant
Having never coded before, Android is such a pain in the butt. The security they put on the OS makes it very difficult, especially when different Android versions do different things.
It says "Android," but I tried with the other 2 options for Android devices and still it doesn't work Undecided I tried updating list settings, pointed to specific RetroArch cores based on the emulated platform, but still nothing.

Maybe someone else got the addon to work well on an Nvidia Shield Pro?

Thanks!
is it normal that IAGL often tries to start last title by itself? so I´m browsing the menu and tha IAGL opens a game title menu. sometimes 3 times in a row. using it on matrix with retroarch64
(2021-08-18, 10:25)retroplayer Wrote: [ -> ]is it normal that IAGL often tries to start last title by itself? so I´m browsing the menu and tha IAGL opens a game title menu. sometimes 3 times in a row. using it on matrix with retroarch64

No, it's not, but I'm not sure i understand what you mean and how this issue occurs. Do you have a log?
(2021-08-17, 22:09)binarychoice Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-10, 02:18)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-08-04, 09:11)binarychoice Wrote: [ -> ]I am attaching a log where I try to launch a few games:

https://paste.kodi.tv/dopitusewi.kodi

Please let me know if the log is lacking anything. Never posted logs before.

Thanks!

Thanks for the log. I see an error in there:
xml:

Error type 3
Error: Activity class {com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture} does not exist.

Which makes it seem like the command being sent is incorrect. My guess would be that there's an issue between which version of Retroarch Android your using. Take a look here, specifically on that first bullet mentioning how to determine which version you're using.

/rant
Having never coded before, Android is such a pain in the butt. The security they put on the OS makes it very difficult, especially when different Android versions do different things.
It says "Android," but I tried with the other 2 options for Android devices and still it doesn't work Undecided I tried updating list settings, pointed to specific RetroArch cores based on the emulated platform, but still nothing.

Maybe someone else got the addon to work well on an Nvidia Shield Pro?

Thanks!

Many people use Shield and it works without a hitch. I would guess your version is aarch64, but you can confirm that by starting Retroarch and going to Information > System Information (it would say com.retroarch.aarch64 in some of the settings). After you change the setting in IAGL for your system type, you have to re-setup the game lists to launch with new command. It might be easier just to get one game list working, and once you get that, then the rest are pretty simple. Take a look here for the steps. Specifically, after you update the external command, you can review what will be sent to launch the game. It will be a very long command, but the key is to ensure it matches the name of your retroarch apk.
don´t have a log at the momemt and also forgot to answer. It´s like a play a game, close retroarch and go back to kodi. than I try to start a movie eg and than I´m back in the Menu from the game where i can select download and play. I really don´t know why. On Nvidia Shield, Kodi 19 and estuary skin mod
here is my log

log

close a game,
coming back to game info, than press back, sometimes coming to kodi menu, but offen need to press few times. and sometimes coming to kodi, and one second later i´m back in the game info screen.
Can I use cheat codes on kodi retroplayer? How?
(2021-09-20, 09:08)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]Can I use cheat codes on kodi retroplayer? How?

Not in Kodi Retroplayer (not yet anyway). Best you could do is use external retroarch and use the cheats through it instead.
Hi, a solution with the controller working in PS1 games on PCSX ReARMed, not found?
Hello Mister,

is it possible to implement multithreaded download code from download.py to the IAGL2 old main.py without too much hassle ?

I still use Kodi 18 cos of other pvr addons, I cant use with python3 on Matrix

https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...issues/225
(2021-10-06, 07:48)ködi-zömbie Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Mister,

is it possible to implement multithreaded download code from download.py to the IAGL2 old main.py without too much hassle ?

I still use Kodi 18 cos of other pvr addons, I cant use with python3 on Matrix

https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...issues/225

I have completely moved on from v18 (v20 is in development now), but if someone were to make a PR for it in github i'd add it. It probably wouldn't be trivial since v18 is python 2.7 which has a lot of differences with python 3
(2021-10-04, 23:54)fakir81 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, a solution with the controller working in PS1 games on PCSX ReARMed, not found?

I think garbear found the issue, here's a temporary workaround until its fixed.