Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
each time i try to download iagl repository. It wont install it just says could not retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected.  Can i get some help with this please? Ty
sorry for double post but this is on kodi19 matrix on a firestick
(2022-01-29, 14:40)deano2531 Wrote: [ -> ]each time i try to download iagl repository. It wont install it just says could not retrieve directory information. This could be due to the network not being connected.  Can i get some help with this please? Ty

Yes, you have to be connected to the internet to use the repository. I'm believe thats true of any repository.
thats the thing. i am connected to the internet. I wouldnt be able to come on here to download it. or contact you witin seconds.. Can videos be shared so i can show u?  thanks
(2022-01-30, 12:23)deano2531 Wrote: [ -> ]thats the thing. i am connected to the internet. I wouldnt be able to come on here to download it. or contact you witin seconds.. Can videos be shared so i can show u?  thanks

If you enable debug logging, recreate the issue, and put the log into a pastebin that might show whats going on. If you're on some device that makes getting a log hard, you can use the Debug Log Uploader from the Kodi official repository
OK ty I've done a debug log but can't understand it. I'm not good with technology, I clicked for it to upload but I can't see where to write what the problem is or where to click for it to post.
Based on what I saw in your post, the zip file for the repository is corrupt or not a zip file.
Installation instructions are on the wiki here, the link to the repo zip file is here.
Where is the memory card from the pcsx-rearmed emulator?
(2022-02-05, 16:21)drrak Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the memory card from the pcsx-rearmed emulator?

Memory card saves are saved in the same location as the game files. These are the manual saves you do directly in the game.
Example:
xml:

userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iagl/game_cache/NBA Hangtime (USA).bin
userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iagl/game_cache/NBA Hangtime (USA).cue
userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.iagl/game_cache/NBA Hangtime (USA).sav **

Another save is made automatically by Kodi when you exit a game, and you can have Kodi auto load it the next time you load the game. Those saves are in:
xml:

userdata/Savestates/InGameSaves/NBA Hangtime (USA).cue.sav
The sav file is not a memory card. I want to use old saves like mcr, srm etc.
I played around with it a little more. If you enable the setting for the addon: Enable Second Memory Card (Shared) then restart the game, it will genarate an mcd file in:

xml:

userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/save/pcsx-card2.mcd

I dont know how to change the filetype or format beyond that.
Yes, but this is the second memory card. And the games load data from the first memory card.
I'm not sure. Based on the documentation for the core here:
https://docs.libretro.com/library/pcsx_rearmed/#saves

You might be able to put an srm in the same folder:
xml:

userdata/addon_data/game.libretro.pcsx-rearmed/save/
and name it according to the doc above.

But don't know if/how the core creates an srm file
I will try to add an srm file with the name of the game.

Thanks.
did you ever fix it? i think the android 11 update for shields killed kodis ability to launch retro arch.
I tried all the different android settings and made sure to re run the wizard every time, also tried setting menus one by one.
this use to work for me but now im stuck using kodi built in emulator