Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Internet Archive Game Launcher
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't tell exactly where the error is coming from (debug logging was not on in your log), however I see the 'info dialog' being brought up continuously. If I had to guess I'd say it's the skin / skin shortcut causing a problem. You can test that by temporarily switching to the default skin and try launching the game again. If it doesn't happen, at least we know where it's coming from (no specific way to fix it yet though).
Hello!

You're right - with the default skin everything is fine. I hope you can find a way to fix it!  I use "AMBER" skin. 
Regarding the log file: I activated DEBUG logging unter "System settings" and I saw many lines with "DEBUG" in the log file. It there another option to turn on?

Br,
David
(2022-06-11, 21:30)Ematrix Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!

You're right - with the default skin everything is fine. I hope you can find a way to fix it!  I use "AMBER" skin. 
Regarding the log file: I activated DEBUG logging unter "System settings" and I saw many lines with "DEBUG" in the log file. It there another option to turn on?

Br,
David

I'll look into the skin and see what can be done.
Thanks a lot!!!  Blush
(2022-05-07, 22:34)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-07, 08:54)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I have Nvidia shield. When I updated the system to Android 11 the Iagl addon doesn't work. I try to run the rom on RetroArch. What to do to make it work?

At the moment, it seems that the tighter security on Android 11 / 12 will not allow launching to work (permissions don't seem to allow it, and atm I can't find a method to work around it):
https://github.com/zach-morris/plugin.pr...issues/255

Hi. Found solution to this problem? Any progress?
(2022-06-28, 14:30)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-07, 22:34)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-07, 08:54)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I have Nvidia shield. When I updated the system to Android 11 the Iagl addon doesn't work. I try to run the rom on RetroArch. What to do to make it work?

At the moment, it seems that the tighter security on Android 11 / 12 will not allow launching to work (permissions don't seem to allow it, and atm I can't find a method to work around it):

There's no solution that I can see that can be made in the addon (there's no magic Python code that can sidestep permissions issues). The Android OS has been locked down and essentially prevents launching external processes. Something would likely have to change in Kodi to allow for the privileges required / request the appropriate permissions somehow (or enhance the Kodi builtin process for launching).
Hi. I'm getting error while connecting to the repository. Any ideas?
(2022-07-02, 04:55)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm getting error while connecting to the repository. Any ideas?

Working on my end. What error do you get in the log?
(2022-07-02, 23:21)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-02, 04:55)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi. I'm getting error while connecting to the repository. Any ideas?

Hi. Problem seems to be related to some changes on kodi v20
Quote:2022-07-02 19:20:14.888 T:15120   ERROR <general>: Repository add-on repository.zachmorris uses old schema definition for the repository extension point! This is no longer supported, please update your addon to use <dir> definitions.
2022-07-02 19:20:14.888 T:15120   ERROR <general>: Repository add-on repository.zachmorris does not have any directory and won't be able to update/serve addons! Please fix the addon.xml definition
(2022-07-03, 00:21)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-02, 23:21)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]

Quote:2022-07-02 19:20:14.888 T:15120   ERROR <general>: Repository add-on repository.zachmorris uses old schema definition for the repository extension point! This is no longer supported, please update your addon to use <dir> definitions.
2022-07-02 19:20:14.888 T:15120   ERROR <general>: Repository add-on repository.zachmorris does not have any directory and won't be able to update/serve addons! Please fix the addon.xml definition

Thanks. I wasn't aware the repository xml is somehow different for v20. I'll have to look into it.
(2022-07-03, 05:09)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-03, 00:21)trihy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-07-02, 23:21)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]Working on my end. What error do you get in the log?

Thanks. I wasn't aware the repository xml is somehow different for v20. I'll have to look into it.

Hi. Let me know if you need some help or testing.
(2022-06-30, 23:19)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-06-28, 14:30)Yefet Wrote: [ -> ]
(2022-05-07, 22:34)zachmorris Wrote: [ -> ]At the moment, it seems that the tighter security on Android 11 / 12 will not allow launching to work (permissions don't seem to allow it, and atm I can't find a method to work around it):

There's no solution that I can see that can be made in the addon (there's no magic Python code that can sidestep permissions issues). The Android OS has been locked down and essentially prevents launching external processes. Something would likely have to change in Kodi to allow for the privileges required / request the appropriate permissions somehow (or enhance the Kodi builtin process for launching).

Will the addon work on Android 11 with kodi 20?
Hello, I have been trying to get IAGL to work, without any luck for the moment. I believe probably no one with my exact setup has got it to work.

My configuration is:

* Raspberry Pi 4
* Raspberry Pi OS 64 bit (based on Debian bullseye)
* Kodi installed via apt-get and launched via the DM
* I'd like to externally launch Retroarch, which I installed via apt-get (I compiled most RA cores myself)

I tried tons of stuff, even looked a bit at the code. These are my findings:

1/ First I dont understand how apppause.sh and applaunch.sh are supposed to be used. Judging by the logs, they are never used unless I choose "Just launch retroarch" in external command. I tried turning on and off settings like "Exit Kodi" and "Pause Kodi", it does not seem they have any effect.
2/ When whatever IAGL code tries to launch retroarch, it does not work because it seems it loads it as from a terminal, not the main X display. Ie, i get the same retroarch log as if I run retroarch by sshing into the Rpi 4. No video driver can be initialized.
3/ By using a manual DISPLAY=":0" retroarch --verbose command, retroarch launches, but Kodi does not exit so the retroarch window is not visible. If I kill Kodi, I get it though.

I've checked and on my setup, when doing ps ax | grep kodi, there are two lines. kodi actually seems to be a launcher and kodi.bin is the executable. kodi.bin is not listed in apppause.sh so this case is probably not handled well.

I am not an expert at how some X applications like Kodi / Retroarch should be launched on Linux, but I will happily provide any log if necessary. But first I'd like to understand when apppause.sh and applaunch.sh are supposed to be used, and why they are apparently not used all the time.
Firstly, thank you for the addon. It's brilliant. Totally brought me closer to the "perfect" home entertainment system.

I do want to mention that it currently won't download PS2 games from the archive. Everything else works great. How would I fix the download issue?

I also have it setup to download to a secondary drive so the files are not deleted after each use. I would request that you look into adding a browser function for downloaded games and a delete function as well.

Once again, awesome addon.
(2022-07-31, 00:59)bristony Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly, thank you for the addon. It's brilliant. Totally brought me closer to the "perfect" home entertainment system.

I do want to mention that it currently won't download PS2 games from the archive. Everything else works great. How would I fix the download issue?

I also have it setup to download to a secondary drive so the files are not deleted after each use. I would request that you look into adding a browser function for downloaded games and a delete function as well.

Once again, awesome addon.

Thanks. PS2 is a known issue. The archive was removed, although there are some new ones that I will update the addon to soon.
It might be possible to add another group/category showing only games that are already local. I'll add it to my list.