Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio Output Over HDMI to TV Issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a problem with my Raspberry Kodi and Sony TV. Once connected, the TV shows Audio format error, check your device output. Is there any way I can resolve this issue by disabling the audio output over hdmi? Thanks.
There is an option to select the audio output device:

Settings > System > Audio > Audio Output Device

Mine gives options PI:HDMI, PI:Analogue, PI:HDMI and Analogue, and PULSE: Default, Bluetooth (PULSEAUDIO)

If you do disable audio over HDMI, how are you going to hear your audio?
Thanks. I will give it a try. The main problem is that the TV is not even showing the Kodi screen. Just a black screen with audio format output error. Is there anything I can do from config file or something?
Ah OK, that's a different matter! There is a setting in config.txt:
Quote:hdmi_force_hotplug=1

This is normally commented out by default (I think) so you can activate the setting by removing the '#' and rebooting. Instructions on how to access and modify the config.txt file are here: Raspberry Pi Config.txt

You might also try another HDMI cable but I'm guessing you have already tried that.
Beside the above (which is correct), you should make sure that you have switched to the HDMI input on your TV before powering the Pi, probably. Normally the above should fix that. But it might also be worth a test.