Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I have a question about black listed add ons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what happens to your kodi once you've downloaded an add on that chooses to stream from another add on that may be on the add on blacklist?
Interesting question. Could you give us an example of the add-ons.

Don't be concerned about repercussions for mentioning them. It is requested information to help answer your legitimate question. I am just wondering what the second "add-on" is if it is an add-on or a script / plugin / dependency.

But without the extra info, I would have to say it is still a breach as it "may" be used to obtain pirated content. It may also come from a banned repository or from a black listed add-on developer.

Remember the Banned Add-on list is not a complete list. It is just an example of the types of items that are banned and there is a fairly common theme that runs in that list.
Porbably I might misinterpret the initial question. Let me explain how I understand it...

There might be an addon, which sterams from another add-on which is on the banned list. For me, that means, that both add-ons (the potential one and the banned one) needs to be installed. Otherwise the 'potential' add-on can´t choose the other add-ons as kind of a source. If that´s the case then your Kodi installation will become unsupported at this forum.

If the potential add-on you are talking about using the same sources as those which are on the banned list, it will end up at the banned list itselft as well and you Kodi installation will also become unsupprted.

In any way, if an add-on provides copyrighted content (either if it does that itself or using another service/add-on/whatever) it will end up on the banned list.

As you are talking about "streams", I guess it´s all about video content?!

If we are probably talking about UPnP and probably talking about to choose "Play with" and selecting another Kodi instance as the UPnP client and that said Kodi installation doesn´t have any banned add-ons on it, then:

- the Kodi installation which is the UPnP client is not unsupported in here as it doesn´t contain banned addons
- the Kodi installation which is the UPnP server and contains banned add-ons is unsupported in here
- any upcoming problems with that way of using UPnP is also unsupported in here as well as the source of that stream comes from a banned add-on

Sorry, if I might have misinterpreted your question Wink
It's nice and simple - if your install contains any banned addons (wiki) or repos then it's not supported here at all.

We don't care if another add-on (an EPG add-on or something like that for example) is calling on it, the fact is that this add-on won't be installing the banned addon (wiki) - that is down to you. And if any such add-on does by chance decide to include a banned one as a dependency, then it too becomes a banned addon (wiki) as would the repo it comes from as that would have to contain the banned dependency addon.

Addons don't magically appear, they have to be installed either manually or through some crappy "build" - and both routes would violate the piracy policy (wiki). We don't care how it got there, it's the fact that it's there that matters.
Sorry for the late response but an example is Adult Hideout streams from different sites and one site is Fantastic.cc. I don't know if Fantastic.cc is the fantastic on the banned add ons list.
No problem. And no. Fantastic.cc seems to be related to the add-on "Fantastic".

As long as this add-on doesn't come from a banned repo, you are fine to use that. Please be aware, that if it comes from a banned repo, your Kodi installation will also become unsupported. If you like, you could mention the repo as well in case you are not sure. It's ok naming it as long as we ask for it to be named.

Generally that add-on grabs streams from a website and is not using another add-on on your system as a source.
I am so sorry for the late response again but the Adult Hideout add on comes from the Lazarus Repository.
(2018-07-04, 21:41)Johnny1 Wrote: [ -> ]but the Adult Hideout add on comes from the Lazarus Repository.
I think it's safe to say that the Lazarus repository (if I picket out the correct one on Github) is also infested with multiple banned addons.