Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVD Pop up features and Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am backing up my DVD collection to my Kodi server and I am in the middle of transferring my Simpsons DVD collection to said server. I would like to transfer my Simpsons dvd episodes to the server whilst keeping the " deleted scenes pop up features" intact. For those who don't know, All of the Simpsons DVDs have a feature where you can watch an episode with the deleted scenes by clicking on a pop up cartoon scissorĀ  whenever it appears. While this feature is compatible with dvd and blu-ray players it is not compatible with my home theater PC whether I stream it through kodi or any other pc video players. I was wondering if there was a way of getting the pop-up features to work on Kodi or any other video player. Thanks in advance.
In all probability there's some trigger in the format that allows the playback software to insert the extra, unless like some alternate movie versions, the entire video is duplicated and you get a choice of endings. If it's all possible, the best suggestion I could make would be to treat these inserts as 'extras' or re-edit/re-encode the orginal file for inclusion of these missing pieces with something like handbrake. Alternately would be to post (or move this post) to the feature request forum to see if you could get more traction to garner the attention of a developer who would like to persue this effort.