Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi keeps crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure what could be causing this. I have a FireTV 1 (rooted) with 16.1 installed. It started crashing while watching videos recently. Only during playback. Maybe a month ago? I was holding out for the FireTV cube to come out, and I figured I'd just update, and all would be good.

So I got my FireTV Cube. Installed 16.1. Restored from a backup. Upgraded to 17.6. The issue persists. The screen just turns black, and kodi closes out entirely. I have video logging turned on. I turned pretty much all logging on. Here is the .old kodi file from the last time it crashed out:

http://paste.kodi.tv/oserojezad
Weird - apparently it's crashing while at the menu, as well. Most recent crash:

http://paste.kodi.tv/faboyafaqo

I'm going to start with disabling library auto-update. I'm running an old version of it for some reason. Wish I could remember why...
Could you please check if it helps by removing that repo?

ADDONS: Using repository xbmc.repo.elmerohueso

I also see that you are using @Lunatixz repo. I'm not saying that especially his one might cause an issue, but if you mind it would be interesting to check if Kodi still crashes wile having a vanilla installation without any add-ons or repos installed.

On what machine does the NFS server run? Regaring to that error:

failed with NFS3ERR_NOENT(-2)

and googling that, all I could find is related to Windows machines running NFS servers. Is that the case for you as well? If yes, could you please try SMB instead?
I just added the Lunatixz repo this week, so that's not it. And the Elmerhueso one is just for some features made specifically for the firetv. I've had that one forever. I had it when I first got the FireTV 1, so at least 2 years. I can totally remove it, but I doubt that's it.

the NFS server is a linux machine. Those subdirectories absolutely just don't exist, so I have no idea why they are showing up in there. I don't have extrafanart folders for any subdirectories of the entire 2TB_1 drive:

nfs://192.168.1.219/mnt/2TB_1/

About 6 months to maybe a year ago, the IP address of my server changed. I opted to manually edit the db with a few SQL commands, rather than start from scratch. The crashing didn't start until much, much later. Similarly, towards the end of both logs, you can see all the "WARNING: Process directory ... does not exist - skipping scan." errors. Those subdirectories don't exist as well. I'm not sure where they are referenced. I can't find where they are in kodi.
After disabling Auto Library Updater v1.0, the issue appears to have stopped. So that's cool. I'll try updating to v1.0.2. I can't remember why I intentionally downgraded it.
Possible I found the root of my issues. Seems like it might have been a mix of Library Auto Update, and the Trakt app. I had a change to a source, which caused issues in Library Auto Update. It was pointing partially at a folder that didn't exist any more, and I think that was causing trouble. Maybe not. I think the real issue is that the trakt app was trying to mark my watched youtube vidoes as episodes (it synced automatically after library updates, which would be why turning off library auto update seemed to help), so I needed to set that to exclude http sources. I completely rebuilt my library from scratch in the process. This has been a blast. Still clearing up some weirdness, but I think I've sorted through the crashing at least.