Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Double entries in search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody knows why Kodi (latest, but the issue is there, at least for me as long as I remember) shows double entries in search output?
Library is clean and no duplication in Library itself or in the raw database (MySQL) but search would return multiple hits, only one points to a real file, the rest would just go to movie list. My understating that this is happening with movies that I moved from one location to another and probably somehow related to the indexing of DB, anybody knows how to rebuild the index?

Thanks!
Hello @Pashtor,

Export your library to Separate Files. It will only export to files and folders that are available, so no duplicate nfo files will be created. Create your new database and run the Update Library. It will scan the nfo files back to the library.

See Import-Export link in My Signature below.
(2018-06-23, 05:39)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Hello @Pashtor,

Export your library to Separate Files. It will only export to files and folders that are available, so no duplicate nfo files will be created. Create your new database and run the Update Library. It will scan the nfo files back to the library.

See Import-Export link in My Signature below.
Karellen, thanks for your reply. The thing is that I don't see any duplicates in the library, in MySQL Workbench I can do Select on "movie_view", I have all the results only once, I guess doubles would be shown in the library as well which is not the case. It is only Search dialog for some reason returns it twice or sometimes three times.
I've attached couple of screenshots to illustrate what I mean.

Search
Library

Library update is not actually a solution, this would happen every time file moved to a different location.

Thanks!
ah, right. Understand.

I don't think that will show up in the Debug Log, but you can try and we might spot something.

Do you know if that skin is using Global Search? Check your add-ons and see if it is installed and enabled, or check skin settings and it might list dependencies. https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Global_Search

Let us know and I can move your thread there.
(2018-06-23, 06:35)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]ah, right. Understand.

I don't think that will show up in the Debug Log, but you can try and we might spot something.

Do you know if that skin is using Global Search? Check your add-ons and see if it is installed and enabled, or check skin settings and it might list dependencies. https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Global_Search

Let us know and I can move your thread there.
I think you set me on the right path, it is really a skin problem. Global Search with Default 17.6 skin doesn't have this problem. Time to move to a new one ...

Thank you!