Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems getting correct aspect ratio via Pioneer PDP-427XD Plasma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys

Just got my HTPC set up with a Pioneer PDP-427XD Plasma via HDMI - it's an SD set (1024x768 native res) but supports 720p / 1080i.

Running Windows 10 I've got it outputting a proper full screen image at 720p fine and set to "wide" format on TV settings, but for some reason movie play back is squashed via kodi no matter what pixel ratio I choose.

On previous setups Kodi is really flexible with it's video calibration feature (I've got every other screen to look perfect with this). The corners are fine (both at screen edge after pulling them in) but I can't get the square to "tuck" in enough so videos looks squashed and produce horizontal black borders where there shouldn't be any. It's as if I need the pixel ratio to go higher to get a perfect square - is there any way to allow this?

Switching the output resolution to a square 1024x768 allows me to adjust as appropriate, but the TV only supports an interlaced signal at 25hz for this resolution via HDMI - so for now I have fallen back on VGA @ 1024x768 to get a crisper progressive signal.

All is fine picture wise, but I'd prefer to use HDMI if at all possible. Any ideas on how to get it displaying properly?
Ok rookie mistake - after much tinkering the problem was very simple!

The HDMI input defaulted to "wide" format, which to me says it's simply filling the screen. Turns out it's been stretching the picture the whole time, and by changing it to "full" format I can now get a decent 720p picture over HDMI.
(2018-06-23, 16:36)daws0n Wrote: [ -> ]Ok rookie mistake
We all have made those Smile
Good to hear you fixed it.
Thread marked solved.