Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library path invalid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Library path invalid. Windows 10 box.

I removed a hard drive and updated some files. When I replaced it (local source) when I go to videos>files on that drive I get an invalid path message.

So presumably windows may have changed the drive letter. What is the best way to determine what it was so I can change it back. Thanks.
I assume your library is intact. Pick a movie that was on that drive previously. Call up the information page for the movie and see where Kodi thinks it is. Now change the hard drive letter to match.

(2018-06-23, 12:09)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I assume your library is intact. Pick a movie that was on that drive previously. Call up the information page for the movie and see where Kodi thinks it is. Now change the hard drive letter to match.

Clear instructions. Thanks. I changed the hard drive to where it originally was (D) and it works.

A problem is the drive that was temporary assigned to D still believes it is (maybe because I attempted a library update before I posted this). So there are two drives believing D is the source.

What is the fix here? To manually change the source in the library database files? (not that I know how to do it)
Kodi stores the full paths to your media files in its databases. It does not have an option to easily change the paths internally, so changing your drive letter in Windows is the best and quickest method to restore access to your files.
(2018-06-23, 13:15)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi stores the full paths to your media files in its databases. It does not have an option to easily change the paths internally, so changing your drive letter in Windows is the best and quickest method to restore access to your files.
Sure, but for some reason (I think because of the update library) Kodi seems to now believe that two separate drives have the same letter assigned D. When I do the above search for movies on the two different drives they all show D:/etc
Ok, the Library Update you ran while the other drive was connected as d:\ is what has messed it up for you.

As @Klojum stated, it is not really an option to try to delete the wrong entries in the database... there are just too many relationships to get right.

How many movies are now wrong in the library? If it is only a few then you can just manually delete them out of the library... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_remov...om_Library

But if you have hundreds, then it is best to just start again.

1. Export your library. See the link Import Export in My Signature
2. Rename or delete the %Appdata%/Roaming/Kodi folder
3. Start Kodi and all the original install files will be recreated
4. Scan your library.

Think about the above though because if you have lots of customisations and add-ons, they need to be redone.
OK thanks