Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: home screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
i love fanart in tvshows but i dont use libary mode. so i thought there might be a way to get around that by adding buttons/sources both with XBMC.ActivateWindow(myvideo) and XBMC.ActivateWindow(videoliabrary) </onclick> on the homepage. i dont no if this will work?? looking at addingbuttons/sources at home screen i read the wiki from what i understood from this <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideo)</onclick> you change it to <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideo,Anime)</onclick> and it should work. but not for me. anime is a source in my souce.xml. so i dont no whats up. im trying to do this because i use file mode for my video media. and all my files a spread in there own categories. but i want two categories using library mode for fan art and stuff. so if i wanna do this( look down) on the home page

anime - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideo,Anime)</onclick>
tvshows-<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,tvshowstitles)</onclick>
movies - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
doco - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideo,doco)</onclick>
kids - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideo,kids)</onclick>
other - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideo,other)</onclick>

would something like that work?if not is it possible to make categories like the ones above in library modeHuh. right now there is only tvshows and movies

i just want fan art in file mode thats allSad
Try (MyVideoFiles,[Source])
thanks
it worked
anime - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,Anime)</onclick>
tvshows-<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,tvshowst itles)</onclick>
movies - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles)</onclick>
doco - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,doco)</onclick>
kids - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,kids)</onclick>
other - <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,other)</onclick>

when im in the home screen i click on anime and it opens the anime source folder in video file mode and when i click on tvshows it opens it in library mode with all the options. this might be a work around for people using the file mode and that want libary mode for fan art and other stuff.

now would it be a possbility to add a icon or a source when clicked on it goes to tvshow in libary modeHuh
Im kinda trying to do the same thing, editing my home screen just for Video files as I don't use the xbox for much else, Ive managed to modify two buttons, one going to TV libary, and one going to Video Libary, all I need now is my online video button to work, by linking to the Video Plugins

Ive tried <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoFiles,VideoPlugins)</onclick> and various other names but cant get it to work, Ive looked in the Wiki and cant find the correct tag, anyone help ??
nevermind, found it, it was just Plugins, the editor I was using messed it up Smile