Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 18a02 for RPi2 with the option to use lirc or not to use it and still run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My goal is to build 18a02 with optional lirc support, so users can run the built package with or without lirc on their system.  When building 18a01, I could acheive this using the following stanza, but with 18a02, that forces the lirc package (which provides liblirc_client.so.0) to be installed.

What am I doing wrong?

When I try running 18a02 without lirc installed:
Code:
/usr/lib/kodi/kodi-rbpi: error while loading shared libraries: liblirc_client.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Code:
_CPU=cortex-a7
CFLAGS+=" -march=armv7ve"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \
    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib \
    -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/vc \
    -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=rbpi \
    -DWITH_CPU="$_CPU" \
    -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON \
    -DENABLE_EVENTCLIENTS=ON \
    -DENABLE_OPENGL=OFF \
    -DENABLE_X11=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF \
    -DENABLE_VDPAU=OFF \
    -DENABLE_INTERNAL_CROSSGUID=ON \
    -DLIRC_DEVICE=/run/lirc/lircd \
    -Dlibdvdcss_URL="$srcdir/libdvdcss-$_libdvdcss_version.tar.gz" \
    -Dlibdvdnav_URL="$srcdir/libdvdnav-$_libdvdnav_version.tar.gz" \
    -Dlibdvdread_URL="$srcdir/libdvdread-$_libdvdread_version.tar.gz" \
    -DFFMPEG_URL="$srcdir/ffmpeg-$_ffmpeg_version.tar.gz" \
    ../"xbmc-$_tag"
Nothing, you have to decide if you want lirc support or not. If you enable it, the lirc lib is required, regardless if you want to use it or not.

Btw -DLIRC_DEVICE option was removed, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13761.
(2018-06-23, 14:58)Rechi Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing, you have to decide if you want lirc support or not. If you enable it, the lirc lib is required, regardless if you want to use it or not.

Btw -DLIRC_DEVICE option was removed, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13761.
 Got it.  Most inclusive option is to build with it and require it.  Thanks again.