Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Using Python 3 Windows animations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi build: Kodi 18.0-ALPHA2 Git:20180608-6c3268b171
Complied: Jun 9 2018

It maybe something i am doing, as i am using custom xml windows with python. The issues I have is changing windows the background image is remaining the same but when the window changes it flashes black then comes back.

First Window window id=13001
xml:

<control type="image" id="1000">
<height>1080</height>
<width>1920</width>
</control>
<control type="image" id="1001">
<height>1080</height>
<width>1920</width>
<animation effect="fade" delay="300" start="0" end="100" time="800">WindowOpen</animation>
</control>

Second Window
xml:

<control type="image" id="1000">
<height>1080</height>
<width>1920</width>
</control>
<control type="image" id="1001">
<height>1080</height>
<width>1920</width>
<animation condition="!Window.Previous(13001)" effect="fade" delay="300" start="0" end="100" time="800">Conditional</animation>
</control>

Is there something I am missing? I want there to be no transition between these to windows... If it can not be done please reply i can combine the 2 windows but at the moment the first window is at 395 lines of xml code and another 250 plus lines of code in python alone and i am just trying to slip them up one becuase they have different objectives and 2 is just to help orgainze the code.

Any help will be appercaited
Try adding <backgroundcolor>0x00000000</backgroundcolor> so the window doesn't get cleared to black.
@Hitcher

I had already had the background color set to a off black/grey, I wish I had a better reson why but I tested on a different pc today and the issue is no longer there... so maybe it was the lag in the first pc, at least I hope that's all it was.

Thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Okay so I jumped the gun that did not work either, and I tested using kodi 18 alpha and it still gives me the flash between windows. I even set the image as a window property so that it should be some what preloaded, "I was trying to take the python side out of it".

anyone else having anything similar when switching windows?

If I can not solve this then I will have on really big custom window of a addon or I am going to have to give up on it all together as I am pretty sure uses do not want to see a flash every time they change a window.