Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
New Release

v.1.1.13
- updates from Estuary 2.0.16 in Kodi 18RC2
New Release

v.1.1.14
- better handling of four digit channel numbers in PVR seek dialog
- updates from Estuary 2.0.16 in Kodi 18RC3
=11ptHi,

I like your concept of a very light skin.

I am a long-time user of the Estuary MOD and have tried to create scaled down Main Menu. I want Kodi to be organise my large collection of movies and TV series on my server only. Music I have a separate system and I don’t stream movies etc and Facebook IView type services are native to my Samsung TV.
=11ptThe main menu I have set up in MOD V2 is (I switched off categories) :
=11ptmy Movies (Movies standard functionality)=11ptmy Movie Sets=11ptmy TV Series (TV Shows standard functionality)=11ptWeather (standard functionality)=11ptFavourites (I have renamed to Sports)=11ptVideos (standard menu option with the addition Video Library Clean and Video Library Update) =11ptI am having a number of problems with Movie Sets – if you manage a Movie Set once completed you are returned to Movies Title view which contains all my collection (I have 1600 movies).

I would also like to display Movie Sets on Menu Screen when Movie Sets is selected for example.

=11ptCan your skill handle such a simple requirement? =11ptRegards, =11ptMax=11ptKeep up the good work.
(2018-12-21, 13:28)Madmaxie Wrote: [ -> ]=11ptHi,

I like your concept of a very light skin.

I am a long-time user of the Estuary MOD and have tried to create scaled down Main Menu. I want Kodi to be organise my large collection of movies and TV series on my server only. Music I have a separate system and I don’t stream movies etc and Facebook IView type services are native to my Samsung TV.
=11ptThe main menu I have set up in MOD V2 is (I switched off categories) :
=11ptmy Movies (Movies standard functionality)=11ptmy Movie Sets=11ptmy TV Series (TV Shows standard functionality)=11ptWeather (standard functionality)=11ptFavourites (I have renamed to Sports)=11ptVideos (standard menu option with the addition Video Library Clean and Video Library Update) =11ptI am having a number of problems with Movie Sets – if you manage a Movie Set once completed you are returned to Movies Title view which contains all my collection (I have 1600 movies).

I would also like to display Movie Sets on Menu Screen when Movie Sets is selected for example.

=11ptCan your skill handle such a simple requirement? =11ptRegards, =11ptMax=11ptKeep up the good work.
Sorry, no.  Other than rearranging the main menu and side screens, this mod doesn't really add menu options to Estuary. Since having Movie Sets on the main menu isn't an option in the stock Estuary, it isn't an option here.  The closest thing you can do is to turn on the categories in the movie section, as there is an option in that grouping to go to Movie Sets.
New Release

v.1.1.15
- language file updates from Estuary 2.0.17 in Kodi 18RC4
New Release

v.1.1.16
- updates from Estuary 2.019 (in Kodi 18RC5)
Many thanks for your prompt update
Hello to all. I have a little problem with my English. So i hope, you understand, what i mean.

Hello @pkscout. I use your Estuary Mod only since today. All Menus working perfect, but i have a problem with my musicvideos. First, this problem is not only with your mod. But i see, that you are still working at this skin, so i hope you can help me. I have to say, that i put a further line into my musicvideo nfo Files:
<artist></artist>
Without this Line i get no information, if i sort my musicvideos with artist. I put the Name of the musicvideo into <album> Line.
So if i sort with <artist> it works and if i go into the videos of an artist, i see next the albums. But this album folders are without poster, without fanart and without plot. In the next level i see the titel of the musicvideo and this level is with all information (poster, fanart, plot)

To fix my Problem:

Is it possible to sort the music videos with Settings/Skin Settings/Menu item actions/Music videos with "Artists" and the the next lower menu "Titles" and not "Albums"? It works, if i could skip the "Albums".

If you want to see photos, i wrote (in german) my problem with screenshots in the german Kodinerds Board in posting 5.

Regards Friedel
(2019-01-21, 20:04)Friedel540 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello to all. I have a little problem with my English. So i hope, you understand, what i mean.

Hello @pkscout. I use your Estuary Mod only since today. All Menus working perfect, but i have a problem with my musicvideos. First, this problem is not only with your mod. But i see, that you are still working at this skin, so i hope you can help me. I have to say, that i put a further line into my musicvideo nfo Files:
<artist></artist>
Without this Line i get no information, if i sort my musicvideos with artist. I put the Name of the musicvideo into <album> Line.
So if i sort with <artist> it works and if i go into the videos of an artist, i see next the albums. But this album folders are without poster, without fanart and without plot. In the next level i see the titel of the musicvideo and this level is with all information (poster, fanart, plot)

To fix my Problem:

Is it possible to sort the music videos with Settings/Skin Settings/Menu item actions/Music videos with "Artists" and the the next lower menu "Titles" and not "Albums"? It works, if i could skip the "Albums".

If you want to see photos, i wrote (in german) my problem with screenshots in the german Kodinerds Board in posting 5.

Regards Friedel
I'm pretty sure the problem you're describing is part of the core of Kodi not with the skin itself.  Even if it was an Estuary problem, my skin mod really only includes some alternate ways to deal with the main screen, not the screens further in.  So unless this is fixed either in Kodi or the default Estuary skin, it won't be fixed in this mod either.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.
New version for V18 final soon?
Please?
Thank you..
(2019-01-30, 21:20)thewarm Wrote: [ -> ]New version for V18 final soon?
Please?
Thank you..
Working on it now. That said, the updates from RC5 to the final version were pretty minor.  Seems like the biggest thing was a few changes to the PVR Guide.
New Release

v.1.1.17
- fixes from Estuary 2.0.21 in Kodi 18 Final Release
Any chances to have the ability to add a main menu item directly to a playlist?
I've multiple playlists that are a subset of a library (i.e. adults, kids) and will be great to customise main menu directly...
Thanks!!!!
Thank You!
(2019-01-31, 13:55)Shanyel Wrote: [ -> ]Any chances to have the ability to add a main menu item directly to a playlist?
I've multiple playlists that are a subset of a library (i.e. adults, kids) and will be great to customise main menu directly...
Thanks!!!!
 Sorry, no.  Most of the skins that have that ability use something like skin helper service or another addon to provide that, and those addons can be a drag on lower end systems.  This mod was meant to provide as much flexibility as I could without any additional addons so that it would behave basically like the default Estuary in terms of performance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16