Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] GPU assisted video decoding in XBMC for Windows via a custom DXVA renderer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
BrokenCodes Wrote:been a bit busy...
thebroken == Phillip Allison == me

shiiit... good luck mate.
Do they have computers in federal, fuck you in the ass, prison?

Edit: s/fuck/pound/ my bad Wink
I guess BrokenCodes could have afforded a Kaleidescape and did not need to waste his time with XBMC Smile
oh damn.. good luck with that mate.. would hate to think what your facing!
Been watching this thread with interest for some time. Had to go back and look at the 'bio' BrokenCodes posted a few weeks back.

I've been an embedded developer since forever ago, making some unsavory files for some foreign folk to make their wares easier to sell to US importers. My history is one of proving the impossible possible, including placing a full emulation of a smartcard in a Set Top Box with less computational power than the original smartcard itself, and having it work flawlessly (So flawlessly that the owners of that smartcard's innards have seen fit to sue me.)

Now with nothing but time on my hands, I have decided to involve my time in the improvement of software I've been using since 2003.

And you think you've got time on your hands now... If this is your first DMCA 1201 charge you face 5 years. Considering the circumstances you can assume they will.
All: Please get this thread back on topic before it gets closed.
Can't you share all the coding you made so far, and then someone who's not going to jail could try to finish the code?
No news?
pezmannen Wrote:No news?
Well if you had of read the thread you would have seen that the guy (supposedly) doing the coding is facing a good long time in federal prison, i think writing something for xbmc is the last thing on his mind now.. so unless someone else is going to step up, this is dead in the water for now
DXVA is the only thing preventing me from using XBMC. It's just not perfect for 1080P, so I am forced to use Mediaportal (which supports DXVA with subtitle support).
Dannydeman Wrote:DXVA is the only thing preventing me from using XBMC. It's just not perfect for 1080P, so I am forced to use Mediaportal (which supports DXVA with subtitle support).

If you used the external player methods (there are 2 different ways to do it) you'll have the best of XBMC and the use of the player of your choice with DXVA rendering... ZoomPlayer, VLC, Media Player Classic, etc
Livin Wrote:If you used the external player methods (there are 2 different ways to do it) you'll have the best of XBMC and the use of the player of your choice with DXVA rendering... ZoomPlayer, VLC, Media Player Classic, etc
How to: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_use_a...a_playback
Dannydeman Wrote:DXVA is the only thing preventing me from using XBMC. It's just not perfect for 1080P, so I am forced to use Mediaportal (which supports DXVA with subtitle support).

Hmmm didnt realise Mediaportal used DXVA? Is there no tips or tricks that could be pulled from MP to help the XBMC version along?
We need to get the DirectX port working first.

JMarshall has already done the "basic" porting, but he says it's a mess and needs a lot of work...

DXVA=DirectX Video Acceleration
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16