Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Ubuntu PPAs (precompiled PPA builds for Ubuntu)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the PPA for Hardy and XBMC starts but then suddenly closes outputting a core file. Is there a way to check to see what may be giving that problem?

Running Hardy on a Dell Precision M-90 17" Laptop.

Thanks!
Yes, read the sticky about how to provide the necessary data.

Along with the backtrace, please provide the /var/tmp/username-xbmc.log (pastebin).
XBMC should not crash Smile Please see HOW-TO Submit a proper Bug Report and create a ticket at the tracker. Once created please attach the resulting backtrace and your xbmc.log.
^^ Will do but it seems to be crashing at this line

16:43:01 T:3008703376 M:271360000 INFO: Get URL: http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/US...145f208494

I have internet going through a proxy.
Have you by any chance set WINS in your /etc/resolv.conf? Or made any changes to that?

There is an ubuntu(or related package) bug with that where it crashes.
Nah, its stock. No changes.
Okay, then we will need to see the backtrace.

Please start a new thread.
Hi,
any intrepid repository? Smile
Not yet. For the mean time build on intrepid is a breeze with the build.sh script.

Run the svn command. run the apt-get commands (tweak as needed), run build.sh, launch the binary and enjoy xbmc.
cisoprogressivo Wrote:Hi,
any intrepid repository? Smile

Not yet, but you could easily use the hardy repository in intrepid.
Please keep in mind i'm a Linux noob. I've installed linux as a secondary OS in a PS3 and im now trying to install xbmc (without success). I've already downloaded the packages as described in this thread, but xbmc doesnt show up in add/remove programs and the command:
"sudo apt-get install xbmc" does not work.

Is this a problem with the ps3 architecture or user error?
*sigh* Sad
KJMatterhorn Wrote:Please keep in mind i'm a Linux noob. I've installed linux as a secondary OS in a PS3 and im now trying to install xbmc (without success). I've already downloaded the packages as described in this thread, but xbmc doesnt show up in add/remove programs and the command:
"sudo apt-get install xbmc" does not work.

Is this a problem with the ps3 architecture or user error?

You've searched for the threads on getting this to work on a PS3 right? Lots of good info in those threads..
KJMatterhorn Wrote:Is this a problem with the ps3 architecture or user error?
The code is x86 based, it won't work on PS3s Cell processor.
We really need a sticky for this.

XBMC for linux doesn't run on your PS3, your dreambox, your xbox360, your cable box, your popcornhour box, a tivo box, a tissue box, a pizza box, Nirvana's Heart Shaped Box, your Cap'n Crunch cereal box, Valve's Orange Box, a vintage 1986 transformers lunch box, the black box from Oceanic Flight 815, Ernest & Julio Gallo's White Zinfandel in a box, a Jack in the Box, or Pandora's box. Just because your weird hardware runs some variety of linux, that doesn't mean you can run XBMC on it.

It only runs on intel linux, and you need a fast CPU and openGL 2.0 support.