Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blu-ray & BD iso playback via NFS stutter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday and today I have been busy with playing BD with Kodi (including Menu's). I had been a while when I first attempted it and at that time there were some limitations:

1. NFS share was impossible to use for playing BD;
  2. Not all Menus work;
  3. ISO did not work at all for BD;
  4. Some other I forgot.
However as mentioned yesterday and today I have been playing around and found the following:

1. NFS is working fine;
  2. Menus tested so far all work;
  3. ISO BD work for the menu part;
However I noticed that while the menu part of an ISO over NFS is working fine the movie seems to go in extreme stutter when the movie starts (and does not stop, which results in an not acceptable movie). In comparison a movie which is in BDMV folder format runs fine.
Attached I have a debug log:

• xXx: Return of Xander Cage (2017).iso -> gives stutter on the main movie;
  • Ant-Man (2015)/BDMV/ -> plays just fine.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/p/49fqqtZCcY/

My main question is, should the above mentioned setup work just fine, or should I always need to unpack the ISO to BDMV format (which is far from ideal!).
The network is gigabit wired. Switches and server all have enough power/throughput to deliver 1gbit.

Please let me know if I can help with additional info or tests. Would, be great if ISO's can play.
(I do not know what the current limitations to BD are -> except that libbluray is re-engineered and always one step behind is).