Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Audio offset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you increase the audio offset past +4 seconds the video locks up and cannot be played
(2018-07-01, 22:14)TheBuz Wrote: [ -> ]If you increase the audio offset past +4 seconds the video locks up and cannot be played
Sorry, but one-liners are probably the worst bug reports possible.

We prefer it if you would also have a debug log (wiki) as well as a crash log available via a pastebin website near you.
It could give us a start of where to look for your lock up, and which hardware we are dealing with in the first place.
We're not very good at solving puzzles without the pieces, no matter how comfy or fluffy our own couch is. Smile

EDIT: I also cleaned up your signature a bit.
FYI, there is no Thanks button on our forum.
Agreed, sorry, i am at work right now so will get the debug log when i am home.

However i have tested this with multiple video formats across 3 windows 10 machines one of which using stock Kodi 17.6 with no add-ons.

So on Windows 10, when playing any local video set the audio offset to +4 seconds and the video will freeze, bring it down to 0 and everything is ok again. Should be easy to replicate, however ill grab the debug log later
Nobody cares anymore for version 17. Maybe this is fixed already. Try v18.
(2018-07-02, 07:31)FernetMenta Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody cares anymore for version 17. Maybe this is fixed already. Try v18.
OK, I'll try the Alpha when I'm home later, however this issue has been present since at least v15, But I forgot about it. This doesnt really bother me to much, i just thought the team should know about it.
(2018-07-05, 08:43)gb160 Wrote: [ -> ]Its definitely fixed in v18.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2748915
That's awesome, thank you. I have been playing about v18 over the past couple of days and getting frame drops and micro stutter so I'll have to post logs for that at some point.