Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No NFO files created for new artists/albums when exporting music library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anybody tell me if they are having problems exporting their library and no file NFO is created for newly added artists/albums?
I added 4/5 new artists/albums on Saturday morning which were scanned with no issue. I then exported the library and the NFO files were created with no problem. I've added another 3/4 new artists/albums today, but when I export the library, I'm not getting any NFO files.

It's quite strange, particularly as I haven't touched any of the music/scraper settings, as I haven't needed to. I've just played a couple of movies since Saturday, so not sure why I'm suddenly getting the issue. I did upgrade to the latest nightly build yesterday evening, so not sure that is significant or not, unless something has changed on the way NFO files are created when exporting your library? I've tried removing the library and the music DB file several times, but I'm still getting the same behaviour when I re-scan.

Any thoughts or ideas on what else I could also check?

Operating system: Windows 7
Thanks
(2018-07-02, 14:38)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]I added 4/5 new artists/albums on Saturday morning which were scanned with no issue. I then exported the library and the NFO files were created with no problem. I've added another 3/4 new artists/albums today, but when I export the library, I'm not getting any NFO files.
OK, simplest thing is to let me have a copy of your MyMusic72.db files to examine and the names of the the new artists/albums that are not exporting. PM me a link if you like. I will know more from looking at that.

I can't think of any recent changes that could cause this, but that doesn't mean there isn't an issue in the nightly. Then again it could be correct behaviour - only albums and artists with successfuly scraped additional info (not just that scanned from tags in the music files) get exported. A look at your db will tell me that, but you can also check yourself  that these omitted albums/artists have scraped data by looking at the info dialog for biography etc. If all the data is just from scanning tags the there is nothing to export.
(2018-07-02, 16:34)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-02, 14:38)Dumyat Wrote: [ -> ]I added 4/5 new artists/albums on Saturday morning which were scanned with no issue. I then exported the library and the NFO files were created with no problem. I've added another 3/4 new artists/albums today, but when I export the library, I'm not getting any NFO files.
OK, simplest thing is to let me have a copy of your MyMusic72.db files to examine and the names of the the new artists/albums that are not exporting. PM me a link if you like. I will know more from looking at that.   
Hi Dave,
Apologies for the delay in replying.
I've sent you a PM with a link to my MyMusic72.db file.
Cheers
Looking at your db I don't think the issue is about export, but about scraping.

Quote:Another strange thing is when I press the refresh button when no data is scraped, nothing is happening, even though artist and album info appears on the audio db site. For instance I added Britney Spears - The Singles Collection today and no data was scraped, even though data is available for both artist and album. I pressed refresh on both the artist and album, but nothing happens. I really don't understand why as everything was working as expected last Saturday, but isn't now, which makes it even more of a mystery.
Your music db contains several album artists and albums that have not been succesfully scraped. That means there is no additional data to export, and so no NFO is created for them unless you select the "include items that have not been scraped" option on the export music library dialog.

The existence of these albums and artists on TADB site alone does not mean the Universal artist or album scraper will find them. It uses Musicbrainz first to identify things, and something could be wrong there, that is assuming you are using the Universal scrapers of course. I note that your music files are not tagged with Musicbrainz Id tags, this makes it harder for the scraper to identify items, all it can go on is the names. But it could be simply something like a server availablity issue, and beyond Kodi's control.

Anyway I need more information, best would be to turn debug logging on and then attempt to refresh these specific items one at a time from the info dialog. The artists include "Britney Spears", "Tina Turner" and "Whitney Houston" - all mainstream so I would expect to get results.

The related albums: "The Singles Collection"  by  "Britney Spears", "Simply The Best"  by "Tina Turner" and  "The Ultimate Collection" by  "Whitney Houston".

Other unscraped albums are
"The Very Best of 10cc"    "10cc"
"Tough Love: The Best of the Ballads"    "Aerosmith"
"Aladdin Sane"    "David Bowie"
"Let's Dance"    "David Bowie"
"Tonight"    "David Bowie"
"Brothers In Arms"    "Dire Straits"
"Love Over Gold"    "Dire Straits"
"1962-1966 (Disc 2)"    "The Beatles"
"Stars - The Best Of 1992-2002"    "The Cranberries"

Most I would expect to be able to identify from title/artist name alone (except "1962-1966 (Disc 2)"). There could be a glitch in the scaper, the log will show more. Post log file link once you have one and I will be able to determine more.
(2018-07-05, 08:47)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at your db I don't think the issue is about export, but about scraping.

Quote:Another strange thing is when I press the refresh button when no data is scraped, nothing is happening, even though artist and album info appears on the audio db site. For instance I added Britney Spears - The Singles Collection today and no data was scraped, even though data is available for both artist and album. I pressed refresh on both the artist and album, but nothing happens. I really don't understand why as everything was working as expected last Saturday, but isn't now, which makes it even more of a mystery.
Anyway I need more information, best would be to turn debug logging on and then attempt to refresh these specific items one at a time from the info dialog. The artists include "Britney Spears", "Tina Turner" and "Whitney Houston" - all mainstream so I would expect to get results.

The related albums: "The Singles Collection"  by  "Britney Spears", "Simply The Best"  by "Tina Turner" and  "The Ultimate Collection" by  "Whitney Houston".

Most I would expect to be able to identify from title/artist name alone (except "1962-1966 (Disc 2)"). There could be a glitch in the scaper, the log will show more. Post log file link once you have one and I will be able to determine more.  
Hi Dave,
Just home not long ago from an evening drone shoot, so will try to post a log tomorrow at some point.
Thanks
No worries or rush, I'm off at the beach enjoying the good weather. I take it you haven't been shooting drones out the sky at night, but making a video of some kind. Tongue
(2018-07-07, 14:50)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]No worries or rush, I'm off at the beach enjoying the good weather. I take it you haven't been shooting drones out the sky at night, but making a video of some kind. Tongue
Hi Dave,
Apologies for the lengthy delay in responding. Wood worm discovered in 3 of my downstairs rooms, so floors all needed to be lifted and replaced. If that wasn't bad enough, then given strict instructions to get 2 of the rooms decorated after the work was completed.....Great!  Laugh
So quite a lot of disruption these past few weeks and my main HTPC has not been connected.

Anyway, I'm back up and running again now and upgraded to the latest version of the 'Universal Artist Scraper' yesterday. Good news is Kodi now appears to be scraping the artists I was having issues with. However, I'm still getting the same issue with the albums I was having problems scraping. I've enabled the option 'Include items that have not been scrapped' which is now creating a NFO template file after the export is complete. So I can copy/paste the detail from the audio DB site to the 'review tag' on each NFO file which is in some way a solution, but probably not ideal. When I've tried refreshing for the following albums, which all have metadata available on the Audio DB site, the details are not getting scraped by Kodi:-

Aerosmith - Tough Love - The Best of the Ballads
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
David Bowie - Let's Dance
Britney Spears - The Singles Collection
Tina Turner - Simply the Best
Whitney Houston - The Ultimate Collection

Kodi log is here: http://pastebin.com/BWtk2gxg

Any feedback as ever will be much appreciated.
Cheers
Ps...No, not shooting drones out of the sky, but a rather tedious survey on a bridge. Shooting drones out of the sky sounds like much more fun though...... Tongue
I suspect it is simply that the Universal Album Scraper is unable to identify those albums by name alone. I can't be sure, you now have album.nfo files so the log just shows those being read rather than attempting any remote look up.

If you had tagged your music files with Musicbrainz ids you would not be having this issue. No compulsion indended, just stating a fact (and evidence to all users of why mbids are useful). Also note that the scraper you are using does not access TADB directly but asks Musicbrainz to identify the album first, only when that is successful does it request data from TADB. There is a TADB scraper that only accesses TADB and does lookup from there by name, maybe you want to use that instead? Of course the Universal Album scraper has more scope, and AFAIK is the bigger of the two databases (every thing in TADB has a Musicbranz entry but not vice-versa)

Delete, move or rename  the album.nfo for those albums and get a log for you individually refreshing the info for each from the album info dialog. That will tell me more, well actually it will tell @olympia more (when he gets back from holiday). Lets gather the data and make it easy to research deeper.

I did manually test Aerosmith - "Tough Love: The Best of the Ballads" and the request that I think the scraper will send to Musicbrainz fails.
Code:
http://musicbrainz.org/ws/2/release/?fmt=xml&query=release:"Tough Love: The Best of the Ballads" AND (artistname:"Aerosmith")
so there is some scraper issue involved in at least for that album. But that is me guessing, actual log data would be better.

Sorry to hear about the woodworm!