Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Resolved] Recently Added not updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi team. I'm currently running nightlies for v18 (Leia) on my NVidia Shield TV, but ever since updating from v17.6 new movies aren't appearing as "Recently Added" on the Home screen anymore. Content on my Netgear NAS is being scanned on start-up, but nothing new is being displayed since those I added just prior to the update.

It's not a skin issue, as I tried another skin other than Estuary, and it doesn't display anything new either.

I'm not aware of how to "look under the hood" with the Shield TV and so I'm reliant on the expert settings, but haven't found anything remotely relevant which I can set to resolve this. Is anyone else noting this behaviour since moving to the Leia Alpha? Any thoughts on what I can try otherwise?
Hello @Punchbuggy

You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, run an Update Library. Once done upload the results to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

(2018-07-03, 04:40)Punchbuggy Wrote: [ -> ]Content on my Netgear NAS is being scanned on start-up, but nothing new is being displayed
Is new content being added to the Library and not showing in Recently Added, or is no new content being added at all?
Hi Karellen. Thanks for your advice, and it sent me back to check whether new movies were appearing after scanning on any views, other than Movies/Recently Added. I didn't have the chance.

I'd noted another thread advising that TVDB had been updated to v3.0.6, so performed an add-on update - the new version was installed. I'm also in the habit now of installing the most recent nightly. Whether due to the updated TVDB add-on or the latest nightly (4 July), following the subsequent library scan all movies not appearing on the Movies/Recently Added view since moving to Leia, appeared.

All good and I'm happy. I appreciate your rapid response to help.

[edit] Oh, and to answer your question, I could see the movie files when looking under the Files view, but they were not appearing after new content scanning in the Movies/Recently Added view. I hope that makes sense.
Good to hear it is solved. The new version of TVDB is too new to make it into the latest nightlies, but it will get there. So manual update required, just as you have done.

Thread marked solved.