Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: All Program Addons gives "Check Log "error,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I am new here.
I registered just to search, but i didn't find any solution on the forums except to send you a log
Log link

@Karellen- Log removed.

All Program Addons gives the Check Log for details error.
Like Log Viewer, Log Uploader, both from Kodi repo
Also Indigo, Ares Wizard, Raw Maitainence, gives same error.
But this was a clean install of Kodi only with Log Viewer and log uploader.
So no other repos are installed, no other apps are installed.
This on a Windows 10 Pro 1803 install. Latest updates from wupdate
Video Addons do not give this error.
Same programs works on my nVidia Shield 2015 15gb.
So the issue must be in Kodi windows 17.6 version somewhere.
I have disabled both Windows Defender Firewall and Windows Defender Virus Scanner, direct connection to public ip, no router. i have tried to read the log but cant figure it out.

PC spec
Amd FX8350
16GB ram
Asus RX580 8GB DCUII
ssd harddrive

I have tried with Leia V18, and also Windows Store app, same result.
Hope the log can help you to determine whats wrong.

Thanks in advance
(2018-07-08, 18:58)Ibanez Wrote: [ -> ]I registered just to search ...
Alsoo Indigo, Ares Wizard, Raw Maitainence, gives same error.
If you had looked a bit longer when registering, you probably also will find our forum rules (wiki). We have a zero-tolerance on piracy add-ons. So you want further support (and a well-working Kodi setup), I'd advise you to stay away from such add-ons altogether.

Kodi 17.6 is a stable version, Kodi 18 is currently full in development, so bugs/errors can happen. Normal official Kodi addons should not give a "Check Log for details error". Perhaps there are some leftovers from your previous install? Try removing/renaming the whole kodi profile folder and restart Kodi. Make sure you do this to the correct profile folder, the download installation vs the Microsoft Store install.
Sigh. You tried hard, I'll give you that, but you need to check our list of banned addons (wiki) - we cannot give any help while you're using addons such as those you mention, I'm afraid.

Now, your log appears to be currently clean - let's keep it like that, please. Any sign of those addons and the thread will be closed and removed. And we really don't recommend using any "maintenance" utilities, they have the capacity to really screw up your system.

Anyway, what skin are you using - the default? That'd be my first guess at a common error like that which exists across multiple addons, a bug in a dialog definition or clash with a Python version (but I'm no expert).
Sorry for my mistake, i wont happen again.
But Log Viewer And Log Uploader are in your own repo, so they are legal to ask help for, and thats why i did a clean install of Kodi to have just these two Addons and nothing else.
And as i described:
Clean install of Kodi, that gives deafult skin, and only Log Viewer and Log Uploader are at the moment installed, and gives that error, thats what the log i posted should show also.
 So i ask kindly to watch the log, i have only these two addons installed and cant use them, so no point for me to install any Program addons from Kodi repo at the moment, they all give the same error.
Video Addons do not give this failure.
And i deleted the appdata/roaming/kodi folder after the last uninstall, and even restarted, checked the registry. so there shouldn't be any leftovers.
And a clean install should get those log addons to work.

I assume that those two addons is legal when i dont have any other repo to install from.
My guess is that
Code:
 log_path = xbmc.translatePath("special://logpath")
isn't working right.  Maybe due to unicode required in username in the appdata path.

scott s.
@Ibanez

I have removed your log as you have personally identifiable information in it. Your folder paths are the issue.
(2018-07-09, 02:06)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Ibanez

I have removed your log as you have personally identifiable information in it. Your folder paths are the issue.
 Ok, didnt know  it was sensitive info there, thanks for removing.
You had right, it was the user folder that had foregin letter in it. Found a guide on superuser site, i can share the link if you want that, i followed the guide and also the given instructions from the comments below the guide.
Now it works like a charm thanks to you pointing me in the right direction, i had never figured it out by reading the log.
Thanks again for helping me, i'm very thankful for that.
I wish you a happy summer.
It's still a bug that needs to be investigated.  I am curious what the guide you found says.

scott s.
Its just a guide to rename the userfolder so i renamed my folder to a patthname that not included swedish last three letters in swedish alphabet,
Have been i that situation once before, a long time ago, programs just don't seem to like å, ä, ö in user name path.
here is the link to rename username folder if any other with non english unernamefolders get the same issue. You tracked it down very well. Thanks again
Here is the link
https://superuser.com/questions/890812/h...windows-10
Thanks for the link.  On windows, you also have the option of running Kodi in "portable" mode, whee all of its user data is stored within the Kodi program folder and doesn't reference the user's folders.  That said, it shouldn't be necessary to change your user name in Windows.  There is development going on to move Kodi add-on support from Python 2 to Python 3 which should help reduce bugs related to using the full range of unicode characters in strings.

scott s.
Hello! I'm also a new use and is getting the same messages before & during playback. If I may ask, where did you go to post your log & to correct it? Thanks!
@AyeR15

You will need to provide a debug log. Full instructions are in my signature below, but here is a quick guide...

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem. Run one of your add-ons so you receive the error notice.
  4. Upload the log to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs