Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Edit Home Bar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please how can I edit the Home Bar to remove the area I marked with red on the image and also reduce the size of area marked with yellow?
Any help will be appreciated.
Remove the icons and just have the menu names is one option.

I am waiting for a reply as I also want to reduce the menu height a bit further.
I know that choosing the option to display only text is a plausible alternative, but it doesn't really help me to achieve the desired result. 
I hope someone can point us to the right direction.
No one here who could help me out?
All I know is the file that needs to be edited is Home.xml.

Sorry can't be of more help. I'm still learning myself. I edit on my Mac and have a Kodi program running to see the changes. I suggest opening the file and finding something related to "height" and then change it. Reopen Kodi and see what changes have been made. Have a back up Home.xml file on hand to replace back to original in case things get too hectic. Good luck.
That's already a big help. I'll give it a trial sometime this week and report back.
Thanks a lot. Keep my fingers crossed!
Could even in Includes_Home.xml
I dug around, but it's too complex to figure out what to change precisely.
Any help?
Still hoping that someone with better understanding will chip in.
Have a look at this post, Maybe it helps.
Thanks #danysahne333. I'll try it out sometime this weekend and report back the outcome.