Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stop party mode if files missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dave,

I've just tracked down an issue which has happened off and on over the years

As you know I primarily use party mode for playing music

Occasionally the system appears to go into a very fast loop selecting a track but never actually playing it 

So if you are watching the current playlist screen it just seems to cycle very fast through the tracks 

It happened again to today so I decided to investigate

My issue was that the usb connected disk with the music on it had for some reason gone offline, I don't know why and that's a separate investigation for me

When it happens its hard to even close Kodi down and I usually end up killing the process with the task manager

My request would be as follows

if playing music in party mode and say 10 consecutive tracks can not be accessed (or any other reasonable number), then party mode terminates with some sort of error message

It should be easy to replicate the issue by renaming the folder containing your music

then starting kodi and selecting party mode

then goto currently playing screen

Here is an edited log with the directory scanning removed to get below the pastebin 512k limit

https://pastebin.com/vxHHhHMV

Look forward to your thoughts
I agree what you are asking for sounds reasonable, but I have no idea when I would get time to look at such a thing so please don't get excited that I think it reasonable.

Quote:When it happens its hard to even close Kodi down and I usually end up killing the process with the task manager
Does hitting the space bar to pause playback not work? Not saying that is a fix, but just wondered if we can find a way to stop a little more elegantly
No idea if pressing spacebar to pause playback makes any difference, I didnt know you could Smile

I'll give it a go to find out and report back

No hurry for a fix for something like this, I'm just pleased I've actually found reason why it occasionally happens
Yes pressing spacebar does stop the fast loop but you still dont seem to be able to interact with kodi and I ended up having to use the task manager to kill it as before
Oh well, just a thought. Does then hitting "S" key bring up the exit dialog?

BTW are you running Krypton or Leia? The locking behaviour couldbe different, although the playlist behavior will be the same.
Didnt know about the S either Smile will try that later as well

running Leia Alpha 2
There is "X" to stop playback too. Lots of useful keyboard shortcuts, and sometimes keyboard action gets processed when mouse movement is too slow to be effective
Yes both X and S work as way of closing down Kodi in this situation, much better than task manager