Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: The Movie Db scraper 5.1.3, Kodi 17.6: couldn't connect to remote server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The first google hits for the error are in the Kodi forums, so it seems like it could be a Kodi thing. Or maybe Kodi is using a library no one uses anymore. 

This seems relevant: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2506134

Maybe I'll backup the Kodi settings and reinstall.
You have lost me, and I think you may be confused yourself, and confused me.

Anyway I have given you the solution in my previous post. It's your call what you want to do now.

Good luck.
1. When I look at TheTVDb scraper's update page (from within Kodi) it says the current version is 3.0.6 in the Kodi Add on repo. How do I get 3.0.7? 

2. When I try and force an update witch "Check for updates" in the sideblade menu in the Add Ons screen it says: 

Code:
requests
Update failed

in the upper right corner

3. I'm showing you the logs of what happens when I go to Movies, then select information on a movie, then select Refresh, then select Yes when asked to Ignore and Refresh from the internet. If it's using TheTVDB scraper to try to get movie info then isn't that a bug? 

4. I have TMDB scraper installed and it is version 5.1.3

5. Did you actually use the url provided URL? It works and returns media info for Tokyo Godfathers. The URL is fine but the tool is hitting an error when using it. 

It seems like you don't believe me. Do you need screenshots or something?
OK this is fixed. As I suspected it was a python problem. The fix can be found here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2506138

Reinstalling Kodi did not fix it! Had to fix the python libraries then reinstall kodi. Took maybe 10 mins with reboots etc. 

The numerous errors like: 

Code:
09:34:47.452 T:140152564582144 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: SSL connect error(35)

gave it away. Those were in the logs the whole time and there are other posts here about this error. I spent a lot of time on this, it was very frustrating.
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem as "wcanyon", ie "unable to connect to the remote server" with the TVDB.
It's been doing this for a few weeks.

I use Raspberry pi 3
Did you try the python fix?
Hello,

No, I did not try. How to install it?

Thanks
Pages: 1 2