Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [split] RFC: Extended artwork type naming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2018-05-19, 00:41)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@Rantanplan-1

Most skins display the movie set overview- Transparency!, Rapier, Estuary and Estuary Mod to name a few in both v17 and v18. Not all viewtypes display it though, so you will need to scroll through all the different viewtypes until you find one that displays the overview.

Discussion on overview is here, which includes discussion on movieset artwork... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325413
 Am i right that "overview" was implementet in v17 Krypton, but is supported and works only in v18?
In the actual kodi wiki (i guess currently only valid for v17) on InfoLabels ListItem commands nothing is documented
https://kodi.wiki/view/InfoLabels
But on this documentation for v18 a command is documented
https://codedocs.xyz/AlwinEsch/kodi/grou...titem.html

I replace some .xml lines with a "ListItem.setoverview" in a kodi v17 skin but nothing happened.

Am I right that "setoverview" is only working for v18?

(Please do not confuse with SkinHelper Commands, with Skinhelper.ListItem.Plot i also will get a set overview with v17 skins, but only with 1) Skinhelper Addon 2) deposited API 3) only when on Internet 4) only the Data on TMDB and not the Data in Local Information .nfo's.)

Do you or another Team-Kodi member know more about that?
(2018-07-18, 17:55)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]Am i right that "overview" was implementet in v17 Krypton, but is supported and works only in v18?
No. I use Movie Set Overview v17.
(2018-07-18, 21:56)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-18, 17:55)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]Am i right that "overview" was implementet in v17 Krypton, but is supported and works only in v18?
No. I use Movie Set Overview v17. 
 Would you be so nice and describe short how you use that in the .xml?
Is that also working and tested with local information only (.nfo)?

I tried plot for normal movies:
ListItem.Plot = Complete Text Summary of Video in a container = standard, logically working with .nfo -> working
ListItem.PlotOutlineSmall = Summary of current Video in a container = working with .nfo -> working
SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Plot = Plot of the movie or tvshow on IMDB = only with skinhelper, api, and internet connection,  logically not working with .nfo -> working

but Plot (overview) for movie sets:
SkinHelper.ListItem.Plot = Plot for the set provided by TMDB = only with skinhelper, api, and internet connection,  logically not working with .nfo -> working
SkinHelper.ListItem.Plots = plot based on all movies = only with skinhelper, api, and internet connection,  logically not working with .nfo -> working
SkinHelper.ListItem.ExtendedPlot = Plot of the set combined with movie titles = only with skinhelper, api, and internet connection,  logically not working with .nfo -> working
SkinHelper.ListItem.ExtendedPlots = Plots of all movies combined with movie title info = only with skinhelper, api, and internet connection,  logically not working with .nfo -> working

ListItem.Setoverview = overview of the collection = according to kodi wiki, he would then get the information from the .nfo's -> nothing is working, nothing is shown!

There should be no difference if the information comes from a scraper or a .nfo, right?
On the skin .xml's ive tried all code lines above, all where working except on "ListItem.Setoverview"

I'm shure i've formatted the .nfo's the right way kodi wiki says:
   <set>
        <name></name>
        <overview></overview>
    </set>
    <setid></setid>
    <collectionnumber></collectionnumber>

(Inormation in .nfo is between Title and Plot)

All .nfo stuff is working fine except this new (introduced begin of 2018) formatting of sets information.
Tried all on kodi 17.6, different skins, older and also new still in development, but to show plot for sets only SkinHelper.ListItem.Plot is working via skinhelper, api and internet connection and on ListItem.Setoverview there was no function at all.

Therefore, my theory was that (introduced begin of 2018 new formatting of movie sets) would only work in Kodi18.

Have you any idea about that or what i'm doing wrong?

(Sry, i'm not english native speaker, it is a challenge for me to express myself understandably in english)

thx for help
No problems with English. Easy to understand, thanks.

I cannot assist with the skin xml files.

The nfo tags are...
cpp:
<set>
<name></name>
<overview></overview>
</set>

<setid></setid> and <collectionnumber></collectionnumber> are not valid Kodi tags. Where did you get them from?

There are numerous discussions on Overview in the specific skin forums. Maybe check the forum of the skin you are using. I was able to quickly find this one... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2678698
(2018-07-18, 22:54)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]I tried plot for normal movies:
It's also "ListItem.Plot" to get the set description/overview.

(2018-07-18, 22:54)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]Have you any idea about that or what i'm doing wrong?
u have to rescreape (/refresh) your Movies. (U can Do this right from the Info Dialog.)

(Didnt try this with "Local Information only" / scraping right from the nfo's, but guess should work to.)
Confirming what @Rantanplan-1 stated, you need to remove all movies from the Set completely, then Refresh each movie in the set so it re-creates the set... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets#Movie_Set_Overview
This movie set discussion has nothing to do with extended artwork naming so have split it off.