Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 17.6 on Enigma2 - play does nothing, no image, time not running
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I recently got a VU+ receiver and I'm trying to use Kodi to watch some movies. The movies I have in another computer and shared via samba (it's a Windows 10).

Kodi can see the movies, that took me a while because without password it does not like to connect to the share...

The problem is that when I click the movie it opens a media player (I think the E2Player - kodiext, whatsoever), but does nothing,  no image and the time is not running.

I see lots of this error:   CAESinkALSA - snd_pcm_writei(-32) Broken pipe - trying to recover
Can you help me please?  Blush

This is the link where I dropped the log:

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/BBVy3FmwF7/

Extra information,  device: VU+ Uno 4k SE,  with Image Open BlackHole 4.1.  The system media player (outside Kodi) can play the movies.

Thanks a lot!  Nod

Ray
I am of course investigating myself,  but I thought you guys should know more than me. Now I wanted to give some very relevant information that i just found out.

As I was saying I am using movies in samba (windows) share. I doubted this could be a problem, though for the system media player is not a problem.  I tried to NFS (I installed a NFS server in my Windows)  but it was the same.    For the system media player is either not a problem, the NFS.

The interesting situation came when I used a USB, and incredibly, it played well. So a couple of movies were played without a problem

So,  using the network seems to be the problem.

One thing that I see when the media player opens (after clicking movie in Kodi) is that in the field of resolution it always says 720x576i25, this is not correct, when it works it would say the right resolution, i.e. 1920x1080 24, also there is no information about the codec (in the display).

Hope that helps to give me some hint on what to do. If I can't solve this problem I may be returning the whole device because, even though it's a satellite receiver I wanted to use is as media player.  (anyway I have a Popcorn Hour that so far it works).

Regards.
Ask at the place you got your kodi package from.
AFAIK your hardware is not supported by the kodi devs.
Someone put together a half-assed package for your platform,
ask openbh (or whatever that OS is called) devs .

>One thing that I see when the media player opens (after clicking movie in Kodi) is that in the field of resolution it always says 720x576i25, this is not correct, when it works it would say the right resolution, i.e. 1920x1080 24, also there is no information about the codec (in the display).

Code:
NOTICE: ExecuteAppLinux: "kodiext"
^ Only god knows what is that.
It's using some external player, not kodi builtin "VideoPlayer"

It may be a nice sat receiver, but it's old hardware, 2 cores, armv7 ... 

If you want to get a cheap device for kodi that has proper support - get a raspberry pi 3 and put libreelec on it.
Otherwise take a look here -> https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112