Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to use, view, edit basic playlists in Grid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Firstly let me say I've been using refocus since the Frodo days. And now on Grid and i'm loving it. Looks stunning.

Now, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to view, edit, and use a basic playlist (Tv shows, Movies) in Grid - I'm on Krypton with a Shield TV. I can add add items to a queue but have no idea where to find the queue. I can get to smart playlists etc but that is not really what I want. I just want to add a bunch of shows and play through that list, and potentially change the order of some of the shows, remove stuff etc etc.. I've been able to do this with refocus so hopefully its just me being a bit thick.

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks!
@surry355f1

You have to add the menu option to the menu.

Create a new sub menu option under, for example, Movies. I am assuming you know how to do that so give simple directions as follows...

Skin Settings > Menus > Customise home menu and widgets > Movies > Customize Submenu > Add Shortcut > Video Library > Playlists (item)
(2018-07-21, 01:46)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]@surry355f1

You have to add the menu option to the menu.

Create a new sub menu option under, for example, Movies. I am assuming you know how to do that so give simple directions as follows...

Skin Settings > Menus > Customise home menu and widgets > Movies > Customize Submenu > Add Shortcut > Video Library > Playlists (item)
Thanks, but that menu item just takes me to the playlists menu which only gives me 2 options Party Mode Playlist, and New Smart Playlist neither of which lets me see what i've added to the queue. Is there a way to view the queue and edit it etc?
If you are only seeing those two items, it means there are no user created playlists.

But I see what you mean. You should be able to access the Queue from the left sideblade menu, but it is not there. And if it is not there, then you cannot save or edit playlists. I have hunted the settings menu, but nothing obvious jumped out at me.

Someone more familiar with the skin will have to offer the solution.
(2018-07-21, 02:59)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]If you are only seeing those two items, it means there are no user created playlists.

But I see what you mean. You should be able to access the Queue from the left sideblade menu, but it is not there. And if it is not there, then you cannot save or edit playlists. I have hunted the settings menu, but nothing obvious jumped out at me.

Someone more familiar with the skin will have to offer the solution.
 Cool thanks for confirming my experience. I would expect accessing the Queue from the side blade menu as well. Perhaps its not implemented. Been scratching my head for a few hours trying to figure it out. For others' benefit i'm trying to figure out how to get the following behavior (see sections 1.1 & 1.2). https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists. The queue action works, but cannot find the resulting playlist anywhere, or how to enable it in the menus.
Bump...

Anyone know how to view /edit basic playlists in Grid (Krypton) - per: Sections 1.1, 1.2. https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists.

The queue action works, but cannot find the resulting playlist anywhere, or how to enable it in the menus.

Thanks in advance.
Anyone?
Hi,

I'm new to Kodi and to this forum, wonderful resource for Kodi thanks !

I have the same problem : I can't figure out where to access the Queue playlist on that GRID skin...
Can anyone help ?

Thanks