Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Only stereo sound on multichannel media
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I’m sorry to post just another topic in this matter but I’ve read many of them and haven’t found solution from the previous ones. My setup, Sony KD-65XE9005 with Kodi 17.2 and Denon AVR-X4400H connected with HDMI ARC port. I’ve tried pretty much all settings without luck getting multichannel sound to work. Is the only possibility to install the shitty build of Kodi to get it work? Or some setting combination?

Thanks for help and sorry.
Moved to Android
(2018-07-21, 09:52)Rusetti Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I’m sorry to post just another topic in this matter but I’ve read many of them and haven’t found solution from the previous ones. My setup, Sony KD-65XE9005 with Kodi 17.2 and Denon AVR-X4400H connected with HDMI ARC port. I’ve tried pretty much all settings without luck getting multichannel sound to work. Is the only possibility to install the shitty build of Kodi to get it work? Or some setting combination?

Thanks for help and sorry.
ARC is 2 channels only.

If you need multi channels, set kodi PCM to 2.0 channels and enable AC3 / Dolby transcoding
I set my kodi to 7.1, If what I am playing is capable it will play in that manner or another surround function. My Dennon is newer then yours, I am able to tick all the newer audio functions in kodi and I get great sound.  Scroll further down to click all the different options.   I have not had the issue of it dropping back to almost stereo quality. Is your denon able to upscale?