Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: V18 Busy Dialog Removed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just discovered that the xbmcgui.busydialog is going away. Personally, I thought the Busy Dialog in V16 looked better than the one in V17. Using the ProgressBar Dialog as a Busy Dialog isn't a good alternative because it just doesn't look good. So my question is this: will there be a replacement busy dialog in V18 that will look cool?
I think you can use "busydialognocancel" instead.
(2018-07-23, 00:49)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]I think you can use "busydialognocancel" instead.
Xodi,
Can you tell me where that function is documented? I don't see it anywhere in the V18 xbmcgui docs. It also didn't show when I performed a Google search.
It's a workaround for the dialogbusy removing. You can get it from the related PR in the xbmc github.
(2018-07-23, 06:28)xodi Wrote: [ -> ]It's a workaround for the dialogbusy removing. You can get it from the related PR in the xbmc github.
I never found the PR but did find a reference in a header file.
How would I execute that busy dialog from within my Python code?
Can't get it to work? Same here...workaround.. LOL
to open the dialog:
python:
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(busydialognocancel)')

and to close it:
python:
xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(busydialognocancel)')
Thanks Ronie
Cheers, I was trying to use..
xbmcgui.DialogBusyNoCancel
Obviously totally wrong Smile
I'd recommend to wrap it in a context manager:

python:
from contextlib import contextmanager

@contextmanager
def busy_dialog():
    xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(busydialognocancel)')
    try:
        yield
    finally:
        xbmc.executebuiltin('Dialog.Close(busydialognocancel)')

with busy_dialog():
    # Do your stuff

This will guarantee that your busy dialog will be closed whatever happens inside the with block.
I tried running  xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(busydialognocancel)') under V17 and no busy dialog showed up.
Am I correct to assume that this feature only works under V18?
yes