Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blank screen (kodi gui) with Silvo enabled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've posted this here as well as the vero4k (hardware) support page as not sure which is the issue, I've used Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO for years with no issues and it's not updated since June 14th but as of a few days ago when booting the Vero4k I end up at a blank screen. After much fiddling I went down the skin route and binned the guisettings.xml file, reboot and hey presto works minus all my settings. Change skin back and works fine till a reboot then back blank screen.

Log files here https://paste.osmc.tv/naxosokana any ideas?
The only things I see in the log that could be causing issues is playing the intro or the add-on called kodi callbacks is doing something and causing some kind of loop. The intro does not always work for everybody and I do not know why. It is disabled by default on new installs cause of that. You can try resetting the skin settings for the intro by editing the addon_data/skin.aeon.nox.silvo/settings.xml file or deleting it completely and/or disabling or deleting the Kodi CallBacks add-on and see which of those options works best for you.
Kodi Callbacks is linked to my lights so when I press play lights go off, pause 50% etc and again worked for years. At boot it does go into a bit of spat trying to run that vid but never had a problem till now.
I'll edit/bin the file and see what happens next.

Also with the skin back to the default built in one the Kodi callbacks works when playing videos.
I just want to add to this that you said Kodi callbacks does something when you play a video... The intro is being treated like a "playing from the library" video so that may be causing an issue. I have no idea how to work with Kodi callbacks but perhaps there is an option to disregard when playing a video on startup?

Just an observation...