Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi refuses to scan anything in my media library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have tried every version of Kodi i can get my hands on, and it just refuses to scan anything into my library after I have set content. 

I can clearly see it scanning the drive and I can see the names of all my content pop up in the progress bar thing as it goes through them. But after the scan nothing gets added to teh library. Well not nothing at all, but even stranger is that of all my TV shows the only one that gets added to teh library is Power. Nothing else gets added.

More annoying is that teher is absolutely nothing wrong with how the shows are named. I then installed Archos Media player, which also scans content and it was able to scan everything on my extHDD.

I am using a Amologic Mecool M8s Pro L Android TV box with the (stock) leanback launcher.
I think the tech people here would want you to paste a debug log from kodi, after having scanned (anew)
@Lorddeff

@mchp92 is correct. We will need a Debug Log that captures an Update Library. We won't be able to help without it.

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem. Perform an Update Library
  4. Upload the log to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
More info. 

I am currently using Leia Alpha 2.

Have an external HDD connected to my Android TV Box. 

In it there are two folders, one titled MOVIES and the other titled TV SHOWS.

Kodi scans my movies just fine but pulls a blank for every single TV show I have with exception to "Power" which is in thesame folder with the rest of them.

I have the latest versions of all the media information add ons.

Any help would be appreciated. Will get a log now.
Here is the log 

disregard this post. Log is below.
Nope, didn't work.

No debug mode, no update library and only a few seconds captured.
figured.... did it again. Heres the new one.

Kodi Log
Empty?
(2018-07-24, 14:14)mchp92 Wrote: [ -> ]Empty?
 The new one? Nope. Its not, just tested out the url again and I saw my log
Oh ok
It showed empty through tapatalk on ip
But if u can view it (browser on pc?) it should be ok
(2018-07-24, 14:19)mchp92 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok
It showed empty through tapatalk on ip
But if u can view it (browser on pc?) it should be ok
 Chrome browser on the same andoid Box that is giving me this scraping headache....
Nothing? No one? Anyone?
No one here is on 24/7 standby duty. Please be patient.
You haven't got your shows in their own folders; instead you have multiple episodes in the same TV Show folder.

ie TV SHOWS/Colony/Colony.S03E10.720p.HDTV.x264-SVA[rarbg]/
(2018-07-24, 21:16)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]You haven't got your shows in their own folders; instead you have multiple episodes in the same TV Show folder.

ie TV SHOWS/Colony/Colony.S03E10.720p.HDTV.x264-SVA[rarbg]/
Yes, its kinda something like this..... I have the main TV SHOW folder, then I have every episode of any show in their own folders within it.

I can go and group each show into its own folder but how does this explain how Kodi was able to get the show info for "Power"? Its not only named like all the rest but all its episodes are in seperate folders too all within the parent TV SHOWS folder. I was under the impression Kodi scanned directories to the media file level.
Pages: 1 2