Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

We have a couple of instances of Kodi running across two Fire TVs.  They share a SQL database and media files on a Synology NAS and the setup has been flawless for almost a year.  Recently playback of video has been crashing after 5-15 minutes and then again after about 60 minutes.  This happens if one or both instances of Kodi are running, if both are running the playback crashes at the same time on both devices.  The crash completely exits Kodi back to the home screen of the Fire TV and the position of the playback isn't recorded in the SQL database.  The SQL database is working normally otherwise, accepting new content and recording playback position if a film is stopped manually.  The issue would look to be with the network or Synology NAS, but the logs from the NAS aren't revealing anything...

I was hoping the debug log from Kodi would help and after capturing a crash in debug log today I was hoping for a pointer.  Unfortunately the debug log seems to have been cut short, the crash happened around 18:40, but the log stops at 18:24.  Does anyone know why this would be?

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/jWv5FNmZY8/

Thanks,

Nick
No idea about the cause of the Fire TV backfiring (pun intended), but isn't there also a crash-log file?

Other than that, I think your signature needs updating.