Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movies - "Started" to "Not started"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always play a movie for a few seconds to check if it is all working fine.
But now I have a long list of "started" movies.

How can I reset the state from "started" to "not started"?
They shouldn't be getting marked after only a few seconds of play.
By default, video should not be tagged as started until play goes after some 3 minutes.
But such things can altered via settings in the advancedsettings.xml file.
Ok thanks for the info.
I see all as "started" if I play it for a few seconds :-(

I will try the tip with the "advancedsettings.xml" for the future, but how can I reset my current videos state to "not started"?

To clarify I am talking about the "heading" - "Continue Watching"!
I want to remove the movies from this "area".
Context menu and either, start from beginning and then stop, or reset resume position depending on which version you're using.
I use 17.6 with standard skin.
Where do I find the option "reset resume position" because play from beginning and stop does not remove it from "continue watching" [emoji15]
I have now tried it again with "watch from the beginning" and stopping after a few seconds.
It is now working and the movie is removed from the "continue watching" area.

Seems a Kodi update have fixed this for me recently. Never tried it again.

Thanks for your help.
(2018-07-24, 22:21)chrisonline1205 Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I find the option "reset resume position"
There is no such option in the Kodi GUI. The actual thing to do is to (re)set the values of two fields (playCount and playedLasttime, or something similar) in the 'files' database table [in the video database] relating to the particular video to 'NULL'. It's what a normal "start&stop" of a video would do.
Thread marked solved.
(2018-07-24, 22:52)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-07-24, 22:21)chrisonline1205 Wrote: [ -> ]Where do I find the option "reset resume position"
There is no such option in the Kodi GUI. The actual thing to do is to (re)set the values of two fields (playCount and playedLasttime, or something similar) in the 'files' database table [in the video database] relating to the particular video to 'NULL'. It's what a normal "start&stop" of a video would do. 
It's in the context menu for nightlies.