Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi crashes when scraping movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For whatever reason recently Kodi stopped locating the file path to all my scraped media libray from my external HDD. After this, I decided to format and re load everything to my HD. After doing all this, and re scraping everything Kodi began constantly getting stuck on the same movie and crashing (Friday the 13th: Jason lives). It plays the movie fine, but crashes Everytime I try to scrape it to my library. On the contrary, the movie scrapes fine on my Nvidia shield in the bedroom, just not on the Xbox.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Meh, seems like an awful lot of work and aggravation. I will probably just wait on an update and hope it fixes the issue
Thread marked solved.
(2018-07-28, 10:52)nico191 Wrote: [ -> ]Meh, seems like an awful lot of work and aggravation. I will probably just wait on an update and hope it fixes the issue

If you do that then don’t have the expectation it will definitely be fixed at some point.
I decided to go ahead and get the log for what's going on. When I scrape the folder of Friday the 13th films, it always crashes. The log shows this:
"WARNING: XFILE:: CFILEFACTORY::CREATELOADER - unsupported protocol (win-lib) in win-lib://removable/D/FRIDAY THE 13TH COMPLETE COLLECTION"

However, this same collection scans and works fine using my Nvidia shield. Any thoughts ?
None without the complete log.
That was the complete log concerning what it's doing.
haha, that is funny.

Well, you obviously don't need our help. As you are so knowledgeable and know exactly which line out of the thousands to give us, then you should understand how to resolve it.
(2018-07-31, 14:18)nico191 Wrote: [ -> ]I decided to go ahead and get the log for what's going on. When I scrape the folder of Friday the 13th films, it always crashes. The log shows this:
"WARNING: XFILE:: CFILEFACTORY::CREATELOADER - unsupported protocol (win-lib) in win-lib://removable/D/FRIDAY THE 13TH COMPLETE COLLECTION"

You have to re-add and re-scan the source. The latest update has changes in paths for removable drives and old pathes don't work anymore.