Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Akamai Server Selection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I live in Australia and am having a strange issue where if I'm playing a video, for example using the NFL.com add on, the video begins to play but will then stop after a few seconds and buffer for up to 30 seconds, then play a few more seconds.  If I play the same video using an Internet browser, the video plays fine.  While monitoring the connection of my linux box running kodi, I can see the traffic from the video is coming from an Akamai server in the US, hence why the connection is so slow.  When I play it from my laptop using an Internet browser, the video plays fine and I can see the traffic is coming from an Akamai server in Australia.  If I play the same video from kodi running on my Windows laptop, the video buffers and I can see once again, it is trying to play the video from a US Akamai server.

Is there any reason why when using Kodi, regardless of the device, it is using a US based server whereas if I use a browser, chrome in this example, the video plays fine using an Australian server?  This issue is spanning multiple addons including the MLB.tv add on, I can't play highlights from games due to the same issue, but if I play using the browser, they work fine.  Also, I'm not using a VPN.

Any help would be appreciated an am happy to supply more details if needed!
Lkely how the addon is coded which has nothing to do with Kodi itself, I suggest you ask the addon author.
OK, thanks for the info, I'll ask in the add on thread.