Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MSNBC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Available from my Beta repository.
Thank you. Would you please post when this addon is available. I am looking forward to using it.
Its already available...
Oooohhh, nice! Thanks! I have it on now. :-)
Thank you very much indeed. Works perfect. Even better than my previous install.  I really appreciate it.

I tried the Sky news addon you have up too but doesn't seem to work. It freezes up after about 10 seconds.  Is there something I need to do to get that running?

Again thanks.
Been working great but now crashing constantly.
Settings at default. Won't stream for more than a few minutes without stopping and dumping me back at the menu. It happens on my RPi and also on my Android tablet with Kodi.
Kodi log from today. There are a bunch of things in there pertaining to this addon:

https://pastebin.com/3Q6s1MK7

Thanks for any help. I really like this addon. Hope this can be fixed. :-)
I'm not seeing this behavior... your log has a few issues; Most importantly it does not contain debugging data. You need to enable debugging in both Kodi and the MSNBC plugin
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

The visible issues from your log indicate to me you are not using this plugin as it was designed; any number of background services, scripts and plugins can interfere with it... so the issue maynot be on my end.

If you continue to have issues with the feed using the standalone plugin, feel free to submit a proper debugging log.

THX
(2018-08-11, 18:05)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not seeing this behavior... your log has a few issues; Most importantly it does not contain debugging data. You need to enable debugging in both Kodi and the MSNBC plugin
https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

The visible issues from your log indicate to me you are not using this plugin as it was designed; any number of background services, scripts and plugins can interfere with it... so the issue maynot be on my end.

If you continue to have issues with the feed using the standalone plugin, feel free to submit a proper debugging log.

THX
Please elaborate on "not using this plugin as it was designed". I'm unclear on this and would appreciate more info.

The log is from my RPi2 running LibreElec & Krypton 17.6. My Android tablet, on which I installed the same version of Kodi from the Google Play store, and installed your repo and the plugin, exhibits the exact same behaviour at the exact same time. When one stops- so does the other.

I see you posted a link to a plugin which simplifies obtaining and uploading a debugging log. The last time I tried to obtain a debugging log I wound up with a file several hundred megs in size and couldn't upload it... I have never tried the "easy" way and wasn't aware of this plugin.

I will try this as time permits. Thank you for your help.
(2018-08-12, 00:26)mrsfixit Wrote: [ -> ]Please elaborate on "not using this plugin as it was designed". I'm unclear on this and would appreciate more info.

Looks like you are parsing the msnbc plugin using another script.... Which then leads me to believe you are using the feed in another script or pvr backend?
(2018-08-12, 01:44)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-12, 00:26)mrsfixit Wrote: [ -> ]Please elaborate on "not using this plugin as it was designed". I'm unclear on this and would appreciate more info.

Looks like you are parsing the msnbc plugin using another script.... Which then leads me to believe you are using the feed in another script or pvr backend?  
Uh... no, and no. I never use playlists of any kind. I have Super Favorites installed, but I use that for shortcuts, not playlists.
And as for a pvr- I had to google that one. No.
I have the RPi hooked up as the only device to my HDTV, and there is nothing hooked up to the Pi unless you count the transmitter for a wireless mouse, or sometimes a thumb drive, but that's about it.

So if there are scripts doing things I don't want them to do I'd like to know about it. The thing I find odd is that this happens simultaneously on 2 different devices with 2 different operating systems... and the tablet is just a plain vanilla install of Kodi with MSNBC and 3 other legit sports plugins.

Both devices use Confluence, BTW. Don't care for Estuary. Makes no sense...
Please run the plugin with debugging enabled in both Kodi and MSNBC... So I can narrow down the cause of your issue Smile
(2018-08-12, 03:01)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Please run the plugin with debugging enabled in both Kodi and MSNBC... So I can narrow down the cause of your issue Smile
Time does not permit me to do this today, but I will do this it week sometime.

I forgot I also have an Amazon FireTV stick hooked up to that tv, which I use for Netflix. It is usually powered off via a physical switch most of the time though.

I tried MSNBC on the tablet a couple of hours ago- and now it doesn't work at all. Won't launch, just gives me an error with that red circle telling me to check the log. Worked in it's limited fashion yesterday. Haven't changed anything on the tablet. Now- nothing.

I am just relating things as they happen in case they may be of use to you. Again, I appreciate your help.
(2018-08-12, 03:01)Lunatixz Wrote: [ -> ]Please run the plugin with debugging enabled in both Kodi and MSNBC... So I can narrow down the cause of your issue Smile
Time does not permit me to do this today, but I will do it this week sometime.

I forgot I also have an Amazon FireTV stick hooked up to that tv, which I use for Netflix. It is usually powered off via a physical switch most of the time though.

I tried MSNBC on the tablet a couple of hours ago- and now it doesn't work at all. Won't launch, just gives me an error with that red circle telling me to check the log. Worked in it's limited fashion yesterday. Haven't changed anything on the tablet. Now- nothing.

I am just relating things as they happen in case they may be of use to you. Again, I appreciate your help.
Hi,
I tried an hour ago to install it on my K17.6 on Android box but it wasn't installed.

** I can't install any of your Video addons on my K17.6
Sorry, newb here - how to I access your repo and install this through KODi?
Pages: 1 2 3 4