Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Database not working on my box with libreelec "this file is no longer available"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I setup Maria DB5 and phpadmin, made a kodiuser and then automatically databases appeared wihen I put approperiate advancedsettings.xml in my local kodi windows user folder.
It made the MYSQL databases in phpadmin.
Then I imported my singlefile database on the windows PC.
And in windows it loaded them up with thumnails and all and I can play them sucessfully!
Then I close kodi and open it and it shows them all perfectly.

So I put the exact advancedsettings.xml on the userfolder in the libreelec box.
And I reboot.. Upon reboot I see all items just like on pc. with 2 differences...
I don't see any thumbnails. And when I try to play ANY movie it will say "this file is no longer available"

I have some manual links that i added before to these same network sources (a folder above it)
And I can access it just fine.

So what is the deal here, why can't it see my movies?
I know there is this thing about SMB and windows 10 at the moment. But like I said I can see my previously added network paths fine.
I have added  SMB1 back to windows 10.
Not sure what the "minimum required SMB" and "maximum required SMB" versions need to be on respectively in librelec.
But I can't imagine with what I said to be the source of the problem..?
I would suggest to enable the "wait for network" option at the libreelec settings. Set it to 30s to wait for. It won't wait that long if a connection is established but as the first test I would recommend to use a higher value for that case.
Re-enabling SMB1 in Windows 10 is not advisable, nor is it necessary in order for LibreELEC to access the share.

What is the path that cannot be accessed by LibreELEC? Post a debug log (wiki) from LibreELEC after trying to play one of your files.

If your paths are based on Windows drive mappings (C:\, D:\ etc.) then this will never work with Linux as you need to use an smb:// based path for all clients (including the Windows machine that is hosting the content).