Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iPhone X Full Screen Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi not sure if this App is still being worked on but I just wanted to check to see if the Remote will be updated for Full Screen Support on the iPhone X as opposed to showing the black bars across the top and bottom of the screen.  Also if interested I would love to offer help in a skin revamp to bring more up to date.  If interested please let me know.

D
Hi, yep the app is still alive... in github there is an updated version -> https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS, not yet fully tested, which support Iphone X screen layout. Any help is always appreciated Smile
(2018-08-03, 12:03)joethefox Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, yep the app is still alive... in github there is an updated version -> https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS, not yet fully tested, which support Iphone X screen layout. Any help is always appreciated Smile
 @joethefox ,

Perhaps you have answered this before, but how could I test this updated version? I understand it is not in the App Store yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am a Windows user (all my Kodi instances run on Windows), but would like to use my iOS devices to control Kodi (iPhone X, iPad Pro).

Regards,

Bart
(2018-08-03, 12:03)joethefox Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, yep the app is still alive... in github there is an updated version -> https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS, not yet fully tested, which support Iphone X screen layout. Any help is always appreciated Smile
 Hi Joe

Thanks for the response.  I'll have a look at the GitHub page and see if I can grab some of the assets.  With regards to the lastest test build have you any idea when that might be out as would be useful to work from it as reference or is their anyway I can test the update App without the App Store using test flight etc.
sure! send me a pm with your email and I will add you to test flight!
Hi joe, I would like to be on your TestFlight group too.
Hi, any news on iPhone X-Support? I'm using the app daily, it would be very nice to use the full display of the iPhone X / Xs / Xs Max. I'm would be happy to help with any tests!
Hi joe, I would like to be on your TestFlight group too. I want the iPhone x full screen feature.
Sadly looks like this app has been totally abandoned. I can't see when Joe last logged in but he hasn't made any GitHub commits in over a year.
Where is the update for iPhone X and later? I would be interested in testing the new version on TestFlight, thanks.
Hi,

because the Kodi-App doesn't run on ios 13.2 (beta), I did some nasty MacOS on VMWare (because I don't own a Mac) to run XCode, took the XCode-Project from github and compiled it to run on my iPhone 11 Pro. It perfectly fits on the screen, so obvously joethefox did already some great work to fit it on the new (iPhone X and above) screen. I would be glad to help to bring this project back to life, I'm not new to programming, but I'm a complete newbie to XCode (Swift whatever?)-based app-programming.