Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Music won't play after being moved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I moved my music library from an attached external drive (Pi3B+/Krypton/Libreelec) to a NAS.  I removed the old source, added the new one, did a clean and a music scan and rebooted. I did the scan, clean, reboot several times.  I cannot play any of my music.  It shows the correct number of songs in my library and the breakout by artists/albums, etc. is fine.  When I click a song, it does nothing. 

Log:
http://ix.io/1iX0
The log shows Kodi looking for the music files on /var/media/USBMEDIA/MUSIC/Mike/ which sounds like the old USB location.  My first guess is that although you intended to clean the music library, you missed and cleaned the video one instead. The music library clean option is off the bottom of the screen and you need to scroll down to reach it, many people (including even me) have clicked the wrong one, even done so repeatedly.

So try one more time: remove the source saying yes to removing the library items too; then go to system>media>library and scroll down to click under music to clean library. Look at the music library nodes to ensure there are no items after that, then add and scan the new source.
(2018-08-02, 10:13)DaveBlake Wrote: [ -> ]The log shows Kodi looking for the music files on /var/media/USBMEDIA/MUSIC/Mike/ which sounds like the old USB location.  My first guess is that although you intended to clean the music library, you missed and cleaned the video one instead. The music library clean option is off the bottom of the screen and you need to scroll down to reach it, many people (including even me) have clicked the wrong one, even done so repeatedly.

So try one more time: remove the source saying yes to removing the library items too; then go to system>media>library and scroll down to click under music to clean library. Look at the music library nodes to ensure there are no items after that, then add and scan the new source.
 Thanks.  You were exactly right.
Sounds like a UI improvement could be useful here, something I have also done by accident.

@jjd-uk anything you could suggest to make it better?
Not sure why anything is needed, if location of music is moved then source needs to be removed, at which point you're prompted whether you want to remove Library items. Although I must I'm not why you'd want to retain items for a removed source, but it's late and about to head to bed so maybe something isn't occuring to me right now.
@jjd-uk the thing to be made better is the layout of the media > library settings, where you have to scroll down the screen to see music clean (and export etc.). Users accidentally use the video library one (sometimes multiple times) when they want to use the music one.

Personally I think that entire screen needs a redesign with music and video stuff put on totally separate screens, and not sure why lib maintainance is separated from the other lib settings. But I guess unlikely for v18