Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Change subtitle position horizontally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! Im extremely new to kodi and have been using it on my rock64 4gb to play 4k video and 10-bit anime. The problem i have is that i cant adjust the subtitle position horizontally. The .ass subtitles embedded in an mkv display way to far to the right side and ive found no solution unfortunately and noone seems to be having the same problem. Im running kodi through some sort of alpha LibreELEC for the rock64 sbc. Is this possibly part of my problem? Or am i overlooking something? .srt is causing no problems what so ever.
(2018-08-02, 00:06)johntis Wrote: [ -> ]Im running kodi through some sort of alpha LibreELEC for the rock64 sbc
If you don't know what you are running, then how are we to know? Smile
Provide a debug log (wiki) for starters with all the internal info.

.SRT subtitles are plain ASCII text files. .ASS subtitles can have much more attributes for location and overall looks.
Perhaps your Kodi alpha version is not the latest version? Upgrade first and see of the problem remains.
Thank for the reply! Should've been obvious to include a logfile, sorry! 

https://paste.kodi.tv/emajimuhek

The version of Kodi im running is 18.0 on LibreELEC (community) vers: "devel-201807011300-d46baa3", and the architecture is "RK3328.arm" if anyone is interested. 

18.0 alpha 3 is the latest alpha if im understanding it correctly? Would it make more sense running the latest stable build (17.6) instead?

Everything else is working flawlessly as far as I can tell, though. It only the .ass subtitles that are displayed incorrectly. If there was a way to change their position horizontally the problem would be easily solved! I mostly created the topic to see if anyone had the same problem and knew of an already established fix Smile Im not expecting anyone to go digging around for me! The video im trying to play is labeled as "Yamato_1" in the logfile though, if that makes things easier somehow.

This is a picture of the problem just for clarity Smile
Okay, that's quite more information indeed. The "latest" version is something we never speak of (like Voldermort..), builds and versions can go pretty fast when in Alpha and Beta software stages.

The next smart question(s): does it happen with every video with internal .ASS subtitles? Is there a difference when the .ASS subtitles are external?
I've tried various different sources with both internal and external .ass subtitles and the problem seems to be the exact same for all of them, although the vertical position of the subtitles vary slightly.
(2018-08-02, 14:30)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, that's quite more information indeed. The "latest" version is something we never speak of (like Voldermort..), builds and versions can go pretty fast when in Alpha and Beta software stages.

The next smart question(s): does it happen with every video with internal .ASS subtitles? Is there a difference when the .ASS subtitles are external?
 I'm responsible for pointing out the errors that resulted in these subtitle fixes:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333956

Since then I've noticed some OTHER anime with MUCH more boring subtitles that not get cut off at the edges of the screen (However not NEARLY as much as this example).  It's something I never saw before this week and I'm suspecting that the fixes that I'm grateful for resulted in the introduction of a new bug in other subtitle rendering.  I was going to investigate more on the weekend, but seeing this here, I thought it'd be worth mentioning since this could be related.
If the issues shows with current nightlies, please provide a short sample to reproduce.