Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video won't play past specific point
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having a problem lately when playing some videos where they freeze at a certain point, and after a minute or two exits back to the video library screen.

Debug log posted here. In this case, the video starts playing at 22:56:11.013 T:2492. It then stops at exactly 2:00 minutes every time I play it. I've tried playing it with VLC and Emby as well on the same device, and it freezes at the exact same point. I've also tried the same video file on a difference device and it works completely fine.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thanks!
Try with v18 nightly. If the issue persists we can investigate.
Tried it with a fresh install of v18 nightly, still having the same problem though.

Here is an updated debug log.
Can you cut out the first 3 minutes and share the sample? First test if the issue persists with the cut sample.
I tried doing that on my HTPC (the computer I'm having a problem with), and this showed up in the log: "Error in the Matroska file structure at position..." When it finished, the output file was only 2:00 minutes in length, exactly where it was cut off when I was playing it. Do you want me to post it anyway?

I also cut out the first 3:00 minutes of the same file using my laptop and didn't have any problems. This file was originally downloaded using my HTPC, then transferred to my laptop.