Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: strings.po issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running into some weirdness converting from the old .xml format. A number of my labels are not displaying and it seems every one that is broken is specifically avoided by Confluence with a comment to that effect (e.g., #empty string with id 31094). Interestingly, Estuary makes no such exceptions but I haven't checked to see if those IDs are used or working.

Is the entire range - 31000 thru 31999 - not available to skinners and, if not, do we know why not?

The other issue is no matter which English I choose in settings... the values are pulled from en_gb. Same behavior with Estuary and Confluence. Bug or am I missing something?
#31094 works fine in my skin so I guess we need to see the whole thing.
Issue manifests in this strings.po file with just two entries:

Code:
# Kodi Media Center language file
# Addon Name: Confluence
# Addon id: skin.confluence
# Addon Provider: Jezz_X, Team Kodi
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: KODI Main\n"
"Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: http://trac.kodi.tv/\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: Kodi Translation Team\n"
"Language-Team: English (United Kingdom) (http://www.transifex.com/projects/p/kodi-main/language/en_GB/)\n"
"MIME-Version: 1.0\n"
"Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n"
"Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n"
"Language: en_GB\n"
"Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n != 1);\n"

# does not work
msgctxt "#31121"
msgid "Hide background art"  
msgstr "Hide background art"  

# works
msgctxt "#31123"
msgid "Background art visibility"
msgstr "Background art visibility"

Code using these strings:

PHP Code:
                <control type="radiobutton" id="3202" description="Hide fanart">
                    <include>
SkinSettingsButton</include>
                    <
label>$LOCALIZE[31121]</label>
                    <
onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(HideFanart)</onclick>
                    <
selected>Skin.HasSetting(HideFanart)</selected>
                    <
radioposx>1210</radioposx>
                </
control>
                <
control type="button" id="3203" description="Fanart visibility">
                    <include>
SkinSettingsButton</include>
                    <
label>$LOCALIZE[31123]</label>
                    <
label2>$INFO[Skin.String(FanartVisibility)]</label2>
                    <
onclick>Skin.SetNumeric(FanartVisibility,207)</onclick>
                </
control

Confluence skips 31123 which works for me so obviously I was premature in asserting what I did.
So it was whitespace doing me in. Hours of fun because of a single trailing space on a handful of msgid lines. Eek

Edit: Second issue remains unresolved.
(2018-08-03, 12:34)nonJon Wrote: [ -> ]So it was whitespace doing me in. Hours of fun because of a single trailing space on a handful of msgid lines. Eek

Edit: Second issue remains unresolved.
 Does your debug log show the language files loading?

scott s.
(2018-08-07, 00:37)scott967 Wrote: [ -> ] Does your debug log show the language files loading?

Good point. Does this look okay? Not sure what to make of the 2nd and 3rd line.

Code:
03:11:41.257 T:2460   DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: loaded 249 strings from file C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.myskin\language\resource.language.en_us\strings.po
03:11:41.257 T:2460   DEBUG: POParser: id:31100 was recently re-used in the English string file, which is not yet changed in the translated file. Using the English string instead
03:11:41.257 T:2460   DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: loaded 1 strings from file C:\Users\me\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.myskin\language\resource.language.en_gb\strings.po

Edit: The way I'm testing is to edit each of the four English variants by appending the lang type to a string. I always see the 'gb' mark irrespective of the English chosen. Just tried it with confluence/krypton and the result is the same. Perhaps my method is flawed but I can't imagine why it would be.