Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: High cpu usage when browsing folders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kodi from Debian 17.1
Inte NUC 8GB Ram,Celeron j3455

No problem watching video, but when browsing folders with videos (estuary skin) the cpu usage goes to 50-70%. Cpu usage is just 5-10% when watching videos.

The problem (again) happens when in the menu I go to: Videos->Files->MyFolder->Videos where Videos is a folder with other folders and videos.

If I disable miniatures generation the problem continues.
If I disable miniatures generation and then remove all thumbnails in the disk, the the problem disappears BUT even doing that whenever I move from a video to the next one, without selecting the video, just pressing down arrow in the keyboard, there is a cpu peak.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance for your help
Which CPU frequency is the J3455 running when you navigate? A percentage without knowing the frequency is not worth btw.

On Debian 17.1 -> This is not supported here. It's broken patched with unsupported 3rd party libraries, including audio patches that break flushing, build from source or use the ubuntu ppa.
Thanks a lot for your help. I have build 17.6 from sources with the same results.

CPU is capable of running at 800-2300GHz and when the problem happens it goes to 1.6. speed of the CPU is 1.5GHz

As soon as I go back to the previous menu (main menu) cpu usage goes to 2-6% and CPU frequency to 800Ghz

In addition I have discovered that if I'm browsing the folder, the cpu load goes crazy when I stop in a file name long and the name starts to "roll"

Could someone check that out?

Thanks a lot again
@javivanco

You could start out with providing a Debug Log that captures that event. There may be a clue in the log.

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the log to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
I would test with v18. v17 issues won't get fixed anymore.