Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: M3U EXTVLCOPT settings: audio-track and sub-track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Base request: Support for EXTVLCOPT settings in M3u files for the options "audio-track" and "sub-track", which is a 0-indexed offset for the active subtitle track for video files in a playlist. So audio-track=0 would start at the 1st audio track preset in the file, and audio-track=1 would play the 2nd track, and the same would go for subs.

For me, this is mostly an anime thing, where it's easy to manage home copies of a show by keeping a playlist for an entire season in English (with "minimal" subs for songs and on-screen signage) and another one for the Japanese tracks (with "full" subs). However, this could also be useful for "commentary" playlists of a show that only include episodes with commentary tracks and defaults to those tracks in the playlist.

Putting in the request to keep tabs on it, but I'd also like to ask if anyone knows about any existing branches that are targeting adding EXTVLCOPT support to Kodi so that I'm not stepping on the toes of anyone already looking at this. I'm pretty novice as far as coding is concerned but I should be able to tackle something like this, hopefully, especially as M3U support is already present in Kodi. Anyhoo, any info that someone perusing the forums might have on this would be greatly appreciated.