Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Scraping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I’m have the same issue as this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331408 with my Xbox One Kodi. Am I best to subscribe to this thread and wait. Or is there another way to be notified?

My TV Structure is as followed Show Name > Season 1 > S01E01 – episode name. I have a HTPC (ASROCK) & Xiaomi Mi Box that work find with this structure.

When setting TV content on the Xbox One Kodi, setting content, I choose.
This directory contains = TV Shows
Choose information provider = The TVDB
I don't enable "Selected folder contains a single TV Show" as this scans all TV in as Al TV (1984) (en), a Weird Al show

After the scan is complete all TV Shows are there, though no seasons folder or episodes are beneath it. When browsing via Videos > files > TV I can see the full file structure and play the episodes. Movies work fine when scraping. I have remove Kodi and start from scratch just trying TV, though same issue.
@stilcor

I am familiar with that thread. It will help if you provide a Debug Log. I know you want to say "but the other guy provided a log already", but that is one log and there were about 5 or 6 other "me too's" and we don't know if it is the same problem. One of the main problems the other member had was that he had incorrectly named his shows, but he was too busy insisting that it works to take notice.

So your log may reveal something different.

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the log to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
I found the issue, when going through the log. It was my fault, trying to make my life easier for myself.

I started using Ember Media Manager, to scrape all of movies, to get all the nfo and fanart etc. It worked well. So I decided to use it on my TV. Though I only grab, actors, images & tvshow.nfo. As some shows like “The Killing” always scraps the wrong show 1st time through. Then I have to manually go back through and set it to the right TV Show. So I thought having the tvshow.nfo in the TV directory would stop this

When I check the debug log file. Each episode for each TV series said unable to find any information for this episode please check the tvshow.nfo, So I removed the tvshow.nfo from a couple of my TV series and re-scraped and it began to find the seasons/ episodes.

I have now removed every tvshow.nfo from my TV folders and they have all scraped successfully
Great. Good to hear.

Sounds like the <episodeguide> URL in the nfo is missing or outdated.
Thread marked solved.