Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playback stops suddenly when playing a movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I have an issue I'm hoping someone can help me with.
- A particular movie quits playing at 1:36:24, and then drops back to the menu
- When I try to resume, the same thing happens again
- I've noticed this kind of behaviour on maybe 1-2 movies before, so its a rare occurance
- Playing the same file through VLC on a PC produces no issues, so file integrity/corruption can be ruled out at least

I'm currently running Nvidia Shield with the latest Oreo upgrade, Kodi 17.6 and the media is connected by ethernet using SMB to a NAS.

Here is the full log: https://paste.kodi.tv/fabulosume
Anyone?
Q.

Is ES File Explorer installed ?

If it is uninstall it and use Total Commander or X-Plore instead.

MINIX U9 owners have been having the same strange Kodi issues you describe and ES File Explorer was the culprit.
(2018-08-10, 06:15)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Q.

Is ES File Explorer installed ?

If it is uninstall it and use Total Commander or X-Plore instead.

MINIX U9 owners have been having the same strange Kodi issues you describe and ES File Explorer was the culprit.
Thanks for getting back to me. I checked through the app list just to be certain, but I don't have ES File Explorer installed. Outside of the Nvidia Shield default apps, I basically have Kodi, Plex, Netflix and Amazon Video.
I get that too on my Nvidia Shield. I have noticed that it usually happens when the system is scanning my addons for updates or my movie/TV library. I know this because it usually says its complete shortly afterwards. It does it more when I'm playing something from my local movie/TV library.

I hope this helps.
(2018-08-12, 00:44)timmins Wrote: [ -> ]I get that too on my Nvidia Shield. I have noticed that it usually happens when the system is scanning my addons for updates or my movie/TV library. I know this because it usually says its complete shortly afterwards. It does it more when I'm playing something from my local movie/TV library.

I hope this helps.
 Sorry for being terrible late with a reply, real life got in the way bigtime (hospital). I have tried to turn on the notification for"addon updates," to see what popped up and an update happened only once during playback. I also tried to change to "manual update" of the few addons that are running (grab fanart, library data provider, skin helper service, skin helper service bakgrounds, skin helper service skin backup). It seems strange if this is the culprit, because I also tried playing from the beginning, and then skipping ahead to the scene before (about 7m before) and playing from there until the point it stops - but it crashes at the same point regardless. I would've thought non-critical things that may interrupt playback of content, doesn't run during playtime?
(2018-10-07, 06:29)johnlrose1979 Wrote: [ -> ]Had same issue, this fixed it.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=324746
Thanks for replying. Although it isn't the same issue (I don't experience random dropouts), I checked just to be sure.
I had already turned off all three options ("Scanning always available", "Allow low power channels", "Enable IPv6"). Just to be certain, I toggled them On and Off again, and changed IP assignment from Static to DHCP.
The problem still persists.