Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sub menu "genres" not showing the correct result
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
I don't know why but since some weeks i've only few movies showing into genres.
Example for "comedy" actually i've only 30 movie not watched showed instead of 250. --> With a basic SQL query I can see that i've effectively 250 movies in this category. (same result for other genre)
On the view "movies" i've no problem, the total is correct with all my movies. Only sub menu genre are affected.

I cleaned the library without success...
I'm on Kodi 17.6 with a SQL Database
Same result on my other players.

An idea ?
Many thanks Smile
Me too! I thought it was the skin I use (Aeon Nox) because I could go into the settings and reset the submenus under 'Movies', TV Shows' etc. and that fixed it for a while.
How are you accessing genres?

Videos > Movies > Genres is working fine for me.
Yes I use the classic way : Videos > Movies > Genres
On my side a use the classic skin by default : Estuary

I have never had a problem before.
This limited vision seems to coincide with the addition of a new player in my installation.
What's odd is that obviously I only have the last fims in each category (only year 2018) and not old movies Sad
@Kreg0

It's hard to imagine why this would be happening. Could you provide a Debug Log which captures you navigating to, and viewing the movies in your genres node. I don't know if the log will reveal anything, but it might give us a clue.

1. Enable Debugging mode. Go to Settings>System Settings>Logging and it should be the first option
  2. Restart Kodi
  3. Replicate the problem.
  4. Upload the log to https://paste.ubuntu.com/ manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. With either method post the link back here.
Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

@freetodl_info
You have been purged from this forum for your multiple advertising posts directing people to illegal downloads.