Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: .nfo TV Shows don't get added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a local .nfo-only user. It works great for movies, but not for TV Shows.

My structure:

Code:
- Mad Men
  fanart.jpg
  tvshow.nfo
  - Season 1
     Mad.Men.s01e01.rus.eng.720p.bdrip.filmgate.tv.mkv
     Mad.Men.s01e01.rus.eng.720p.bdrip.filmgate.tv.nfo

tvshow.nfo is:

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<tvshow>
        <originaltitle>Mad Men</originaltitle>
        <title></title>
        <sorttitle>Mad Men</sorttitle>
        <plot>Following one of New York's most prestigious ad agencies, and focusing on one of the firm's most mysterious but extremely talented ad executive - Donald Draper, the story deals with the business of the agencies as well as the personal lives of the characters, regularly depicting the changing moods and social mores of the United States in the 1960s.</plot>
        <year>2007 - 2015</year>
        <country>United States</country>
        <genre></genre>
        <tag></tag>
</tvshow>

An episode's .nfo is:

xml:
    <episodedetails>
        <originaltitle>Smoke Gets in Your Eyes</originaltitle>
        <title></title>
        <season>1</season>
        <episode>1</episode>
        <plot>In 1960 New York City - the high-powered and glamorous "Golden Age" of advertising - Don Draper, the biggest ad man in the business, struggles to stay a step ahead of the rapidly changing times and the young executives nipping at his heels.</plot>
        <year>2007</year>
    </episodedetails>

So what happens? They don't get added, at all. I just tried by removing the source, and readding it, and here's the log (note that only Seinfeld and Mad Men have .nfo data).

The only thing I can think of is that my .nfo files have reduced tags - only the ones that I use. But this isn't a problem for movies, and even then I believe I have all the required ones.
Here's a link that has what is required and what's optional.

https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows#TV_nfo_Tags

The one thing I wonder is if that's a valid year for a show.  My impression was that the year is a single year, not a range.  It might be choking on that.
Also you are heading for problems as you have not included an ID

Check Troubleshooting in the link pkscout provided

Also some of those tags are move tags not tv show tags
Thanks guys. So I tried by following your advice, but I'm still stuck. Here's what the new .nfo look like:

xml:
    <tvshow>
        <originaltitle>Seinfeld</originaltitle>
        <title>Seinfeld</title>
        <sorttitle>Seinfeld</sorttitle>
        <plot>Jerry Seinfeld is a very successful stand-up comedian, mainly because the people around him offer an endless supply of great material. His best friend is George Costanza, a bald, whiny loser who craves the kind of success Jerry has but is never willing to do what it takes to get it. Then there's Jerry's neighbor - Kramer, who often barges into his apartment and imposes onto his life. To round off the group of friends, there's Jerry's former girlfriend - Elaine Benes. The episodes follow the group, with a focus on the mundane conversations and situations that would be found during everyday life in New York.</plot>
        <year>1989</year>
        <country>United States</country>
        <genre></genre>
        <tag></tag>
        <path></path>
        <filenameandpath></filenameandpath>
        <basepath></basepath>
        <art>
            <fanart></fanart>
              <poster></poster>
        </art>
        <id>71035</id>
        <uniqueid type="unknown" default="true"></uniqueid>
    </tvshow>

xml:
    <episodedetails>
        <originaltitle>The Seinfeld Chronicles</originaltitle>
        <title></title>
        <season>1</season>
        <episode>1</episode>
        <plot>The very first episode. Jerry is ecstatic that a woman he met on the road is coming to stay with him in New York. George and Kramer weigh in on how Jerry should best approach the situation.</plot>
        <year>1989</year>
        <path></path>
        <filenameandpath></filenameandpath>
        <basepath></basepath>
        <art>
            <fanart></fanart>
              <poster></poster>
        </art>
    </episodedetails>

Removed and then re-added. Same log it seems. And for the record I'm a 100% sure I added a The Simpsons season just fine without all these new tags some months ago... sadly I don't have the video nor the files to check it out. Something really odd is happening or I'm missing something really obvious.

Closest I can get anything to show up is the files view.
You are still using incorrect tags in them. Check them against the wiki page and read the notes.

How have you named the episode files?
Damn you're right, <country> would be the one. I checked and all others are listed on the wiki page for TV Shows. Thanks.

So the episodes are named as they are. And indeed that's the problem. I renamed one to S01E01 and it's added! But as much as I'd love to have them renamed for the sake of proper standards, it really is kind of a problem for me because of, uhmm, torrenting issues. I recall anime were treated in a way that it'd strip certain characters so that the scrapper would recognize the show, is there some setting like this I could add so that I don't have to change the filenames? Here's some examples of how they're typically named:

Code:
Mad.Men.s01e02.rus.eng.720p.bdrip.filmgate.tv
Seinfeld.S01E01.The.Seinfeld.Chronicles.1080p.AMZN.WEBRip.DD2.0.x264-NTb
Mindhunter.S01E03.1080p.WEB-DL.Rus.Eng.sergiy_psp
Ok. Meant to ask this in the previous post, but missed it.

How have you named the NFO Files.?

Mad.Men.s01e02.rus.eng.720p.bdrip.filmgate.tv - for episode- So what is the file type?

And you are right, we don't assist with fixing your torrenting issues. Hence me being cryptic. But you now have enough information to fix the problem.
Thanks very much, I now realize what was wrong was that the script I use to generate the .bat files made the .nfo files not match up.